DOG LEG SCOPE RAIL / GEN-2 question

I don't like the factory iron rear sights on AK's and I'm looking to change it to my fit my shooting taste.

I'm considering getting a DOG LEG SCOPE RAIL / GEN-2 and Peep sight from Texas Weapons Systems for my saiga so I can add a peep sight to the rig so the iron sight picture is more to my liking by giving a better combat sight picture.

A common issue with placing sights on the upper dust cover has always been that the dust cover has too much play and the rear sight moves too much for the system to be very accurate. Texas Weapons Systems seems to have addressed the issue with their DOG LEG SCOPE RAIL / GEN-2 dust cover. Another option I'm considering is replacing the rear sight with a rear ring that simply replaces the original rear sight. I like the concept of the DOG LEG SCOPE RAIL / GEN-2 because it would give me the ability to increase my sight plain, and potential for placing more accurate shots. It also looks like an easy modification.

Can any one with experience with the let me know how well these work. I don't want tot spend money on it if it won't keep the gun accurate. I'm not looking for sniper accurate out to 300 yrds or anything crazy, but I'd like to keep shot placement down to a few inches at a hundred yards. Even with not caring for factory irons it will at least do that from the factory set up.

Thanks in advance,

Liberty -r- Death

I don't own one yet, but I've looked into them pretty hard. Every report I've read say the fit and finish are excellent and have had no issues with returning to zero with the peep sight.

I haven't heard either way with a scope attached. I think you'll be very happy with it. I'm looking into this set up for the same reason you are. I don't even plan on mounting a scope myself.

I'm considering getting a DOG LEG SCOPE RAIL / GEN-2 and Peep sight from Texas Weapons Systems for my saiga so I can add a peep sight to the rig so the iron sight picture is more to my liking by giving a better combat sight picture.

The combat sight picture of the notch and post is great; however, it leaves something to be desired for precision shooting.