Newbie help

Hi, im a newbie to the forum and did all the research i could before deciding to post. My question is and reading the other posts is...auto plug installed and not cycling 7 1/2 loads at all but does cycle heavy 4 shot. From reading, i need to drill the gas ports a little...so the question is, how do i get the barrel off to do this? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Personally, I'm having my bolt polished by Pauly first. The action on my gun is loaded with friction, kinda reminded me of a unsynchronized tractor-trailer transmission. :-p Polishing and friction reduction allows the gun to make the best of whatever gas you do have. Unless it is obvious you have undersized/obstructed/missing gas ports, it is easier to try polishing first before before performing surgery.

I actually tried to remove my gas block but the pins that were holding it on the barrel were a MAJOR biiiiiotch. They are way worse than the pins on FSB on my AR15 were (which were extremely stubborn, but still a walk in the park by comparison). I eventually gave up and put the gun back together. If polishing doesn't solve my problems I'll launch another assault on the gas block again.

Edited by cheeseybacon

Some of the S12's need a break in period.

Option A

A couple hundred rounds of high brass seem to work for most.

Downside....costly and hard on the shoulder.

Option B

Hand cycle the bolt about 200 times, and don't baby it. Pull back and let it slam hard. This helps breaking in the weapon.

Can be done at home without going to the range.

Downside......hard as hell on the hands. Wear gloves.

Others will chime in with more tips.

CSS low brass reliability kit might also help.

Edited by Jetmech