Mag-7 Shotgun

I saw the civvie version of this in SOGs catalog. They're only around $250.00.

Anybody ever seen, held, owned, or fired one?

Yeah, the hideous stock looks like an afterthought, probably because it was. Just something they stuck on there for "sporting" reasons.

I'm considering one depending on the opinions of anybody with experience.

(oh boy, just what I need, another "weird" shotgun!)

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh20-e.htm

Also, does it use the Aquila "short" 12ga. ammo, or is it some kind of proprietary (and rare) round?

I had one not long ago & really regret selling it. The aguila shells work but there actually shorter then the factory ammo. You can only really load 3 in the magazine and still be able to have it work reliably because there so short if you try to put over 3 they end up popping outa the mag.

I put a ar15 telestock on mine & added a picatinny rail to the top cover to mount a red dot site. The thing barely kicked with mini shells.

If you have small hands you might not like it, the grip is way bigger then a desert eagles grip. Oh and you'll never NEVER EVER find factory ammo for it. Trust me on that.

For self defence I would say its kinda sucky, but for a plinker fun gun its good.

Ammo? I had several boxes of it.

The gun shop I got it at had it in shot sizes AAA and SSG.

SSG is roughly equal to #3 buck shot. AAA is... um... not the same as American AAA. Either way, the ammo was cheap. I happily paid $6.75 per box of 25. They also work better in pump guns than the Aquila mini-shells. As far as additional capacity in tube magazines goes, the shorter length only allowed for ONE extra shell.

I second the "Gay" verdict on the "civilian" version. I still think it would be better if it had a folding, or collapslable, stock.

maybe i could be mistaken but if i remember didn't the MAG-7 only have a 2 1/2" chamber?

i remember looking at one awhile back but the fact that i had to buy special ammo just go to out plinking with it kinda turned me away at the time