Primary ( " Go-To " ) Gun , and why ...

Primary ( " Go To " ) gun ...  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Primary , " Go -To " Long Gun ?

• Saiga / AK ( 7.62 x 39 )
    • Saiga / AK ( 5.45 x 39 )
    • Saiga / AK ( .223 / 5.56)
    • Saiga / AK ( .308 )
    • S-12 , S-20
    • Other Non-Saiga / AK ( AR and their derivatives , any other long gun )

eh- I can't imagine any situation that the cops would take one of your guns as evidence and not take all of them. Also if they were charging you with manslaughter or whatever, it would certainly be a condition of bail that you couldn't possess firearms until the trial was resolved. Furthermore, if you aren't convicted you get it back anyway, and if you are, you lose all your guns because you will be a felon. That whole rationale is kind of nonsensical to me.

The idea of avoiding using a weapon that makes you look like Gary Busey's character in Black Sheep has a bit more influence though.

Bottom line to me is I would never be grabbing a gun unless my life really depended on it. If that's the case, why go for anything less than the best you got. If my life was really on the line, I would be freaking out, and whether or not I had to replace a gun that costs less than a car would be the furthest thing from my mind. For that matter, if my life really is on the line, whether or not I look bad to a finder of fact later is still less important than whether I get killed right now.

• Like 4

For those "bumps in the night", my Ithaca 37 Stakeout and 44 Bulldog are both within reach. If It's SHTF and I have time to open the safe I'd grab the Aug. It's compact, reliable, and I have a lot of time behind the trigger. Scar 17s may be my pick once I have better optics. The extra range and penetration of the 308 appeals to me.