Ohio Ordnance works sent a sales flyer via e-mail. and I scrolled down their list of their "own special rifles" , well what did I see but the good old VZ 2000 that they are selling with a new receiver and an origional barrel...folks, ya ain't gonna believe the price! I copied and pasted just so I would have evidence! Makes me glad that I bought mine when I did, plus bought a kit off of GB when I did. The following is the print under the picture of the rifle, and I quote

100060-01A VZ 2000 Semi-Auto Rifle, 7.62 x 39mm

$1,025.77

post-14474-0-74946400-1321673979_thumb.png

My thoughts exactly!! They are a great rifle, wouldn't want to do without mine (since Century fixed it ) , but, I wouldn't give that for one...now, I might be talked into selling mine for that price though..what the heck, I'd throw in a 1000 rounds of ammo to boot!! LOL

$1,025.77? That's' a hell of a ripoff.

Last time I saw a VZ at my local shop asking price was $425.00. And you got half off all mags and 10% off any ammo you bought that visit.

well at that price of $425 is about right for a parts kit built by CIA (aka vz2008) on a u.s receiver and barrel, well the rifle mentioned at least uses the original czech vz58 chromelined barrel, and comes with 4 ea. 30 round mags, and pouch. but you can get one from czechpoint for less than that and a plus its imported from czech to as close as we get to owning an original vz58 on our shores

Czechpoint USA has VZ58's with Czech-made receivers and a minimum required 922r parts, regular price $899, website shows special price now of $799. The VZ2000's seem of lesser quality but I think $450 would be even a bit low nowadays.

Bought mine from J&G Sales (Century) when they were $349 with the US made receiver and barrel. After Century fixed the problem with the bolt resetting, it has been nothing but reliable. I went ahead and picked up an origional kit with the receiver cut for $150 with a folder stock. Figured I couldn't go wrong having the extra parts, or if nothing else, sell it at a profit. When you have a reliable running VZ, there is nothing sweeter! The lines and weight are really a perfect combination. Started to rail it out, but it just looks too good as is and handles great.

Now, my eyes are really gettimg older, and a red dot optic might be just the ticket! Bottom line...it is a hoot to shoot, light enough to pack around all day. Course, I love ALLof my long guns..just some more than others! LOL