Saiga 12- Optic Rail

Hi guys! I've had my saiga for about a month, and was wondering what options you guys use to add optics. I know the ak47 dust covers cant hold a zero (or so ive been told), but if you're shooting birdshot from a shotgun, does it matter? And it would really be nice if i didnt have to permanently fix anything to my gun. Thanks.

Doesn't matter if you are shooting birdshot. I never look at the sights and hit clays with acceptable consistency. shoot the weapon enough to "know" where it will hit. It is easier than you think. Here is a pic of the perfect side rail, IMO....

post-22401-0-97854200-1321905940_thumb.jpg

They work best for me when in a box, drawer, or bag near or in the workbench.

Doesn't matter if you are shooting birdshot. I never look at the sights and hit clays with acceptable consistency.

Have you shot clays using a red dot with both eyes open? Guys who have never shot clays before had no problems hitting doubles on the trap range. They would go a whole mag without missing one. It was just stupid easy.

Doesn't matter if you are shooting birdshot. I never look at the sights and hit clays with acceptable consistency.

Have you shot clays using a red dot with both eyes open? Guys who have never shot clays before had no problems hitting doubles on the trap range. They would go a whole mag without missing one. It was just stupid easy.

I bought a used Burris FFII and want to put it on a BP02 and see if I can up my clays game. It may be cheating but the S12 is already a nonstandard clays gun and I love it that way!

I always shoot everything with both eyes open, even with a magnified optic. Your eyes should be on the bird, not the sights/reticule. Here is a clip of the first time that my friend Menzo had ever shot a Saiga 12 or clay birds. 2 for 2, in just this clip. After only a few shots without looking at the sights, when he was ready, he hit with acceptable consistency and actually looked like he knew what he was doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hgo9tMOGCg

• Like 1

I'm a bit late to Parf's post but, man, is he right! I have an inline 12ga muzzleloader with a cheap Truglo Gobblestopper red dot. It's really a turkey gun but some of my buddies were shooting clays one day (many of them, like myself, aren't really shotgunners). They'd never shot a muzzleloader so I offered the muzzleloader to them to shoot. Out of a dozen shots, there were no misses from anyone (obviously no doubles but no misses either ;). Yeah--red dots are "cheating" and make bustin' clays stupid easy!