Being short on pistols I sold off a shotgun and bolt-action rifle I don't shoot very often. I'm sure these 3 Wiseguys will see plenty of daylight and rounds down range.

The Springfield has special meaning to me. I bought it new back in '98 as my first pistol I ever purchased. I needed cash and sold it to a close friend back in 2003 and he recently was in the same predicament so I bought it back at the same price he bought it at.

The Ruger has been a recent want of mine for CCW.

The H&K is something I'm trying out instead of the Sig P226 E2 model. I hope I made the right decision and bought up and not down.

(L) Springfield Armory Ultra-Compact .45acp, © Ruger SP101 .357mag ® H&K USP 9mm

PC270009.jpg

I will say my sp 101 is my favorite handgun I own totally in love. Been thinking about selling my PDA to fund a Springfield 1911 but probably full size if I do, I just hate to sell a gun. All I carry is the Ruger now so it's become a safe queen. I have a XD 9mm, I have always wanted a USP compact but already have a nine and cant justify it. What I'm getting at is you have damn good taste sir.

can't go wrong with HK. All the perks of a glock, plus an actual safety. Only problem is their customer service. Polygonal barrel will shoot anything with long barrel life.

Mine is only fire and decock, V3. Here is a full break down of the variants:

USP Pistol Variants:

Variant 1:
 Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 2: 
Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 3: 
Double action/single action without "SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.

Variant 4: 
Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.

Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.

Variant 6: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.

Variant 7: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)

Variant 8: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY

Variant 9: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.

Variant 10: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.

I will say my sp 101 is my favorite handgun I own totally in love. Been thinking about selling my PDA to fund a Springfield 1911 but probably full size if I do, I just hate to sell a gun. All I carry is the Ruger now so it's become a safe queen. I have a XD 9mm, I have always wanted a USP compact but already have a nine and cant justify it. What I'm getting at is you have damn good taste sir.

I already have a few of the same caliber pistols and each have a purpose. My daily carry is my UltraCompact .45 although I have a Kimber Stainless Steel Custom II full size for competition use. For competition use is my Sig P226 9mm. Possible competition use, and home defense will be the USP...I bite the bullet and coughed up the dough. Not cheap but I "HAD" to have one. My SP101 will also see carry use and home defense and eventually get Badger grips I hope (hint, hint Santa!!) and will be my pistol I take with me to CA when I go. All the semi-autos will eventually get trigger jobs and night-sights.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments,

MCASSgt New River

So I took out the Springfield and HK today. The little .45 with full power loads is definitely NOT a daily shooter. Accurate for a little 3" barrel pistol for its intended purpose but you will not will any long distance events. I was hoping for SOOO much more out of the HK. It shoots excellent, accurate, no malfunctions of any sort but compared to my P226 I feel cheated somehow after paying 200-300 more for it than my Sig.

Love that size Springfield. Had the V-10 ported version since mid 90's. So much better handling than the Colt officer model. Daughter-n-law carries theSP101 as here CC purse weapon.

Did the Sig 220 Equinox few years back. Find myself shooting that more and more as my 45's go.

Been thinking of getting same version in 226 with Cabela's bucks.