Which muzzle brake?

Ok you guys were really helpful with the handguard choice, which I opted to go with a Kvar style. Now onto the last piece of the puzzle (for now), the muzzle brake.

I tried to find a good comparison but was unable to locate one. Which brake is the best available in the US for under 100.00? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, looking to reduce the amount of muzzle flip as much as possible.

Most all brakes are useless really. They are for looks more than anything. There are a couple exceptions but there all over $100 I believe. Tromix Monster and this http://forum.saiga-1...ge-from-russia/ come to mind.

Thanks Big-J. 160-200 is just too much for me to justify. As much as I would like to, I think ill go for a more aesthetically pleasing and also cheaper option. Im not too big on the huge brakes anyway.

post-34773-0-91107200-1322784890_thumb.jpg

this one works pretty good and looks good too. its the smaller version of the monster brake....$99 at CSS

Thats looking like a decent price! hahah...is that still made by Tromix?

JT Engineering

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-408/Saiga-12-Competition-brake/Detail

Edited by Ethan M

I use the Chaos Warthog Door Breach/Muzzle Brake - it did not change much IMO on muzzle rise but did help some. The thing is built like a tank and can be had for less than $80. I also have the Pheonix Flame Door Breach/Muzzle Brake - it is built well and is around $60 but I noticed no difference with or without it.

DINZAG has several that will work at reducing recoil. He has an awes ome one that is an oversized reproduction of the Russian

AK74 brake. His work is beyond reproach and gets big KUDOs from me on the attention to detail. It is even notched properly for allignment to the front sight. It only adds a little over 2" to the overall length so you have some room to shorten your barrell if so desired. The best part is for us die hards that feel at home with a bayonette. It will fit the US M9 and also the Swiss Sa aig PE57 with a 9.5 inch polished stainless blade. Go look at his site www.dinzagarms.com and then drop him a line. You wont find a better man to do business with. RLTW