Converted Saiga vs SMG mag and adjustable stock

I was looking at getting a basic Saiga and buying an SMG mag until I am ready to full convert it. I stumbled across the following add and thought that is basically what I am looking for and at a good price.

What is the difference betwen the link and a converted saiga. Without the conversions I am limited to SMG mags but is there any other limitations?

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-izhmash-rifle-163-barrel-collapsible-stock-pistol-grip-p-2590.html

i assume you mean, SGM mags. good mags for guns without the bullet guide. If you have some mechanical skill, i would recommend reading up on the conversion process. the stock you show leaves the factory trigger untouched. that trigger is a horrible abomination of what it should feel like to shoot one of these rifles. they take part of the trigger, cut it off, move it back and connect it with a see-saw type plate. it has some horrible pull and just sucks in general compared to a proper FCG system. it also improves the ergonomics and balance to move the FCG, along with the pistol grip and stock forward those few inches. if you want a basic fun gun that you may not shoot often, you might be happy with an unconverted saiga.

For the most basic conversion, It would take under $100 and a couple hours. Unmodified tapco G2 FCG (leave out BHO) grip/nut/screw(tapco), and a stock. Less depending on how cheap you can find a stock. No bullet guide. Just use SGM mags. And a couple hours or less.

As others have said, the stock trigger is kind of lame. When people convert their guns they usually put a better one in.

Also as you are aware, you will be limited to using u.s. made saiga specific mags if you want high capacity. SGM makes great mags, but they can be a bit costly when compared to regular AK mags. They are also made of polymer, which some people do not like.

And then, if you put that stock on a saiga (looks like a saiga T6 tapco stock, which I have. The part that telescopes back rattles a bit), you will be stuck with it if you want a pistol grip. If you move the trigger group forward and install a separate pistol grip where it truly belongs, then you are at liberty to put whatever stock you like without losing the pistol grip (or having to find another stock with grip attached).

I actually just finished my first conversion a couple hours earlier, and couldn't be happier. It was a 7.62, and was using the same T6/SGM setup beforehand. The only tools that I needed were a drill and large/small files. The conversion pack cost around 100 bucks, and am currently using the same T6 stock minus the attached grip (gonna change to something much nicer soon).

EDIT: almost forgot! The SGM mags have a built in bolt hold open. So when the last round is fired and the magazine is empty, the bolt will stay open, and then slam shut when you take the magazine out. Some people like that, but I found it irritating when doing tactical reloads (removing the empty mag with a new full one, then inserting the new one)

The only alternative that I have seen to SGM was ProMag, but everyone bad mouths it, so i never wasted money on it to test it out.

Edited by Agent Lemon