shipping a siaga-12 who to use?

If the retard behind the counter has never shipped a firearm before or is totally unaware of the regulations, they will give you trouble.

As far as what's legal, yes, it's legal for you to ship a long gun to a FFL dealer via USPS.

UPS and Fed Ex have company policies that you have to be a FFL dealer to ship.

UPS and Fed Ex have company policies that you have to be a FFL dealer to ship.

Not correct. If you own the firearm, and you are shipping it to either an FFL, or to the manufacture for repair, you can ship firearms thru UPS and Fed Ex. You do, have to go to their actual hub, and not a 3rd party "boxs r us" store.

Not correct. If you own the firearm, and you are shipping it to either an FFL, or to the manufacture for repair, you can ship firearms thru UPS and Fed Ex. You do, have to go to their actual hub, and not a 3rd party "boxs r us" store.

No, you're wrong and you ought to be damn sure that you're right before you go 'correcting' someone.

From the UPS websute

Special Procedures for Shipping Firearms

Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment

Firearms will be transported only between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors, as defined in the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, law enforcement agencies of the United States or of any department or agency thereof and law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency, or political subdivision thereof, and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law and when such shipment complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources...s/firearms.html

Edited by McUZI

I guess I broke UPS policy then... cause I shipped TWO Saiga shotguns in the SAME BOX to Alex Wakal in Texas a few months back... never had ANY problems with anything...

go figure...

Although This is the part that I think creates the loophole...

and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law and when such shipment complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws.

I am not prohibited from shipping a firearm to a licensed consignee.. be it an FFL holder, or a manufacturer...At least no one has ever told me I am not prohibited from doing it.. and I cant imagine WHY I would be prohibited from shipping to a legal receiver of a firearm... but hey... what do I know.. just my 2 cents...

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms

UPS shipping of a "long-gun" was simple, as stated "had to ship" from a main hub not mom & pop store. I made the receiving party send a signed FFL so that I could show the UPS person BUT on their database the FFL bussiness address showed up and they did not even look at the signed FFL that I had in my possession. Their policy stated? that the package should be "opened" for inspection, but this was not done . They were more interested IF there was any "ammo" included. I believe FEDEX is the same. The cost was reasonable ($24) mikey1

You would think they would be more careful, but I ordered a few SKS from

a distributer, and FEDEX tossed them on my porch. They were clearly marked

in red "signature required".

I called FEDEX, and the woman I talked to blamed the distrbuter. She did'nt know the difference between a long gun,and a hand gun. And she tried to tell me the

rifles should have been sent next day air like a hand gun. So I order a couple

more, and the guy that delivers them tells me," I saw the stamp last time, but its so far to drive,I just left them on the porch." WOW.

So I would'nt be surprised what you could get past them.