Saiga MK 7.62x39 trigger problem

Hey guys, new to the forum, and got an issue I need resolved,

Recently bought a used Saiga MK 7.62x39, and when I brought it to the range, I noticed the trigger would often get stuck in the backward position after shooting, forcing me to push it forward manually. I googled some, and found out it was either probably dirty or the hammer springs weren't in the correct position. So I opened it up, figuring it'd be an easy enough fix, having looked up how to remove the entire trigger assembly. But soon I hit a problem I can't seem to find a solution to.

Basically, there's a weird spring that doesn't look to me like a regular shephard's hook which is seemingly blocking both the removal of the safety lever, and the trigger retaining pin. The levery won't go up all the way, and the spring's coil seems to block the pin from being pushed out. I've included a (blurry) pic to show what I mean

Picture1.jpg

As one can maybe see (I'll try to get a better pick tomorrow if need be) the main coil sits over the retaining pin, while the long leg sticks forward, jammed inbetween the receiver and the coil of the hammer spring, while a big loop at the back stops the lever from being removed. So I gotta ask, is this normal with a MK model? Do I need to do anything special? Or did the previous owner somehow assemble it wrong and mess it up for me?

Hope anyone can help, and thanks in advance,

-Vik

Edited by viktorgorchev

That is the factory shepherds crook. It is not positioned properly. It should go under the axis pin closest to the coil of the spring and over the axis pin closest to the muzzle. If you push the axis pins out with a punch from the right side, you can re align the spring without removing the trigger group. Skinny needle nose pliers and/or a spring hook will help.

Thanks! Didn't see a way to align the spring like you said, but I managed to get it out after removing the hammer axis pin, and then putting a screw driver behind the coil around the trigger pin so it wasn't stuck in the groove. Now I just need to look up how to install it properly =)

Edited by viktorgorchev