replacement parts & fixes

I run my gun in 3 gun competition every month and it runs great. With the info I gathered from these forums and other Saiga shooters; I think my gun is tuned well!

Occasionally I run into an issue of "replacement parts." Last time it was a simple Magazine catch pin (and spring) lost on the fields somewhere. One of our Moderators made me a new pin and even a slave pin. It's good to have friends in Saiga places :-)

This time it's the little dust cover that sits half way down the recoil springs. The gun ran fine, as usual; but when I took off the top cover to clean it - the little piece just fell out. It looks like it is tack welded onto a metal ring (now broken). Anybody know where to get such parts?

If you are running 3-gun only with the gun and not using it for hunting in the woods I would not worry about the dust cover it gives your more room for shells to eject and less chance for a shell to hit it and cause any type of problem. I have seen some builders take them off there comp. guns. But if you want one back on your gun the only way I know is to fix yours if you can or look hard for someone who is parting out a S-12 and get theirs. I will look around and see if I can find the pic of the guns without the cover on them and let you know who it is maybe you can contact them, Hope this helps.

If you are running 3-gun only with the gun and not using it for hunting in the woods I would not worry about the dust cover it gives your more room for shells to eject and less chance for a shell to hit it and cause any type of problem. I have seen some builders take them off there comp. guns. But if you want one back on your gun the only way I know is to fix yours if you can or look hard for someone who is parting out a S-12 and get theirs. I will look around and see if I can find the pic of the guns without the cover on them and let you know who it is maybe you can contact them, Hope this helps.

Thank you SCHULTZE