Sight options for cowitnessing eotech

So I have a saiga 12 with a chaos extended quad. I'm planning on buying an eotech reflex. Do you guys have any opinions on which sights I should go with to co witness? Should I go with back up sights? and which ones would you recommend? I was looking at the Troy micros, and they look pretty bad ass, but will they co witness with an Eo tech??

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a saiga 12 with a chaos extended quad. I'm planning on buying an eotech reflex. Do you guys have any opinions on which sights I should go with to co witness? Should I go with back up sights? and which ones would you recommend? I was looking at the Troy micros, and they look pretty bad ass, but will they co witness with an Eo tech??

I don't think the micros will cowitness w/ an eotech. You'll need full-height AR sights.

I don't think the micros will cowitness w/ an eotech. You'll need full-height AR sights.

+1 The EOTech is too high to cowitness.

IMO, EOTechs are too high on an AK platform. They were designed for the AR. I'm running the Chaos sights on an extended rail with an Aimpoint Comp M2 in a low mount which offers a cowitness. An Aimpoint Micro in a low mount works too. I haven't tried the Troy Micros but it looks like they might work with these lower optic setups.

IMG_20111229_183555.jpg

Edited by MT Predator