S-12 Trigger Slap after conversion and gas porting

Hi All,

I recently converted my Saiga 12, pistol grip, polished bolt, and ported the gas system. Got it working nicely with a Tapco single hook trigger so now it cycles the 1 oz 71/2 shot loads, just barely kicking them out enough on #1 gas setting. But when I fire high velocity slugs on #1, I get bad trigger slap. Ouch! So what to do? Am I overgased and need a different plug or are there further mods to the trigger that will correct this problem?

Thanks... Jon

What FCG are you using?

Hi All,

I recently converted my Saiga 12, pistol grip, polished bolt, and ported the gas system. Got it working nicely with a Tapco single hook trigger so now it cycles the 1 oz 71/2 shot loads, just barely kicking them out enough on #1 gas setting. But when I fire high velocity slugs on #1, I get bad trigger slap. Ouch! So what to do? Am I overgased and need a different plug or are there further mods to the trigger that will correct this problem?

Thanks... Jon

had the same problem but it went away after i had my hammer and trigger polished and profiled

Jon, give this page a read. I found it very informative on trigger slap

http://forum.pafoa.o...ubling-fix.html

Yes, that's very helpful information. Appears when I did the original conversion I did modify the disconnector which seems like it should have adequate clearance, is able to travel rearward quite a ways. Not sure whether further material removal would help? What do you think? Any ideas? Could it be something else causing the slap? Could the hammer be thrown back hard enough to cause it to slap down against the trigger?

Pics here for reference http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g352/SayNo2NWO/

Hi All,

Thanks... Jon

Any signs of wear on the rear trunnion? Being able to shoot low brass on setting 1normally doesn't happen too often. Since you ported the gas system, I would say you're probably over gassed.

Hi All,

Thanks... Jon

Any signs of wear on the rear trunnion? Being able to shoot low brass on setting 1normally doesn't happen too often. Since you ported the gas system, I would say you're probably over gassed.

No wear on the trunnion, but I do have a buffer installed. I did follow the porting instructions carefully, but if it's over gassed, is there an aftermarket plug that would help adjust or...?

Hi All,

Thanks... Jon

No wear on the trunnion, but I do have a buffer installed. I did follow the porting instructions carefully, but if it's over gassed, is there an aftermarket plug that would help adjust or...?

MD arms or TAC47 auto plug. Both are good products.I use the auto plug and my buddy runs the MD plug. He has to adjust between different loads, and I don't. No biggie either way, but there is a $20 price difference between the two plugs.