Saiga .410 parts

I have a pre-ban .410. Constant FTEs. It's built exactly like my X39. Same type of springs, same receiver cover. Gave it to my gunsmith, he made the "ejecting" slot a little longer and it helped, but not perfect. BTW, the only reason he checked it out was because I purchased it from him and he told me he'd look at it if I had problems. So I still have some problems. Have at least one FTE with plastic hulls and Russian is a nightmare. Decided to take the bull by the horns and starting reading and looking at Saiga shotguns here and elsewhere. Noticed that sliding "dust" plate that the shotties have that mine doesn't. I believe that and the proper springs could be my fix. So where do you get the parts? They seem to be difficult to get, or is my Google-Fu weak these days? Also posted in the General Saiga section as well. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Parts for Saiga shotguns? LOL... Bwhahahahahahahaha haha.gif

Best bet, buy another just for parts.

You can also check with various S12.com Business Members to see if they have anything laying around their shops.

Or check the WTS Forum everyday in the hopes the the rare to find parts pop up, which they do from time to time.

.410 parts are going to be harder to find than S12 parts.

You can also check with various S12.com Business Members to see if they have anything laying around their shops.

Or check the WTS Forum everyday in the hopes the the rare to find parts pop up, which they do from time to time.

Chile........You're beginning to depress me man! Just kidding. Happy New Year Dude! I'll keep seaching or will figure something out. Take care man!

• Like 1

Chile........You're beginning to depress me man! Just kidding. Happy New Year Dude! I'll keep seaching or will figure something out. Take care man!

And a Happy New Year to you too! I hope you find what you need or can make do.

Parts for our Saiga shotties really are rare.

And a Happy New Year to you too! I hope you find what you need or can make do.

Parts for our Saiga shotties really are rare.

I didn't respond down below. I can only handle so much negativity :). I'm kinda hoping somebody went through this with one of these older ones. Or maybe a dealer or Saiga smith will step in and guide me. Guess I'll see what happens. Made a more clear post on my history with this firearm in General Saiga.

The wife's is the old kind with the small hollow floating piston. Her's did that. I found that the reciever bent at the front of the magwell. Shells were sitting too high and at a bad angle. Shells smash up on the barrel extension.

I straightened the reciever at the front of the magwell, and chamfered the sharp edges on the barrel extension.

This only happened after using 10rd mags. BUT - this is a very easy place to 'get bent'.

Let's have some more info in your shotgun.

What brand and type shells are you getting FTE's on?

Describe the FTE. Are they staying inside the shotgun? Are they stovepiping?

What Mags are you using? Russian or surefire? What size?

How many rounds through it?

Has it been converted to PG configuration?

Be ready to post pics when asked to. There is alot of talent on this forum and there is a good chance it can be sorted out!

ETA:

Describe in depth when this is happening. First round, last round, middle of mag.

Edited by Vermiform

GOB- Thanks for the info. Checked out the magwell and all seems fine unbent.

Vermiform- Russian steel case, Remington and Winchester 3 inchers. Firearm is 3 inch only, early mid ninety preban model. It has not been converted. Russian four round mags. I have a Surefire ten rounder but won't even try it until snags with the factory magazines are cleared up first. Firearm has less that 150 rounds through it since my ownership. I really don't believe many rounds were put through. My gunsmith got it off a widow. There's still paint on the rails. I think the husband had problems with it and just put it away. The ftes are of the stove pipe variety and can happen at any time. Sometimes I get one or two mags through it with no problem since the slot was made longer. Always problems with the russian ammo. Winchester works best. I think it's because of the smoother hulls. I've been "working" the spring this week to simulate break in and I think I'll try polishing the chamber some.

It could be under gassed. How does the gas port look?

Also, how hard is it to hand cycle? When hand cycling, are there any FTE problems?

Working the spring by working the action alot is a good thing as well.

Are you shooting 3" target loads or hunting loads?

What exactly did the gunsmith do? I don't know what an ejection slot is.

Take the spring out, work the action and see how smoth it is, something could be hanging up there as well.

Gas port is fine. Those older .410s have a gas port that my Subaru can drive through. Checked that awhile ago when I was considering a SBS. Got that info in the tech area. It was warm out yesterday so I took it outside and hand cycled it. Guess I don't have enough snap to me because it was worse than shooting it. But then at my age with a lifetime of manual labor, I really haven't all that snappy for a little while.wink.png Loads were hunting loads. Yeah, my laymans language is poor.oops.gif Ejection slot,port or just ole' hole in right side that hull comes out of was made longer. The cover on this model is exactly like my X39. Not like the newer ones where the port is cut larger and has some sort of sliding shield. Compared a lot of pics to mine. Only the .410s, I already figured that the 12s and 20s would be bigger. Trying to find pics of the internals of the newer ones. Want to see if I can get those parts. Works smooth without the spring. I'm going to keep working the action some more. Then I'll polish the chamber like I did my coach gun (cowboy reloads go way smoother now). I think that will give me the split second more that I need for the hull to clear the receiver before being closed on. In the meantime , thanks for help, I'll get back to you as to how I make out. Should be warm around here next weeek, I can get some shells and try it out.

The weather was nice this weekend so I went out and tried again. Same problems. Did try shooting it without the cover and found it works great with no cover. So last night I started reading all the threads from the beginning and worked my way back to page 15. It seemed that almost all of the posts by that point were about those new-fangled .410s with the fancy dial- a -gas setting stuff.wink.png Turns out that the cover was a big problem back in the days of yore. I also sent PMs to a few members who have the same old fashioned style of .410 as myself. Found out from one respected member that the older ones didn't have the sliding dirt shield. So now I can stop wondering if mine was built wrong. Or at least with the wrong parts. So it's looking like I need to do some dremel work and enlarge the ejection slot some more. My gunsmith made it a little longer going to the back. I'm going to make it a little taller heading towards the top of the firearm.

• 1 month later...