Converted G3 Mag for Akdal MKA 1919

I haven't tried it out yet with live firing but I got it to consistently hand cycle 2 rounds. Due to the neck on the 308 case the mag has a dimpled ridge and it clamps down on the 12 gauge shells. The only upside to using this mag is that it was like $2. Pretty easy to build. Remove the outside piece of aluminum with a dremel, cut a hole for the mag release, and cut down the feed lips.

SANY0983.jpg

SANY0984.jpg

SANY0985.jpg

post-31678-0-94265700-1325647851.jpg

Nothing quite like a Russian satellite being the first ever in orbit...or a new gun, to bring out the inate innovative genius, spirit of independence, and drive to excellence in the American man.

I for one am browsing hardware store aisles, loitering in Lowes and Home Depot stores, and stalking the surplus areas in flea markets and military surplus emporia...searching for that flash of inspiration that would lead to some new adjunct to the Akdal, anything...to make it even better.

Shucks, had a TLR 1 on it before I ever shot the first round! Tomorrow, unless I've been sorely misled, I'll be receiving, from Greg at CSS, the low brass bushing (but don't need it apparently...the only thing it won't shoot reliably are some of my real old, weak and poorly crimped reloads), and the 3 pc rail kit from UTG.

Next on the agenda? To figure out how Tony R and company have managed to make a stock adapter that will enable me to use a folding or telescoping stock. Of course, I might just chicken out and order one the first time I find one available on the market.

It is amazing. Anticipating owning a new gun is an almost religious experience. Getting the new gun, hoisting it to shoulder and hip, and shooting it is an epiphany.

But best of all, is loading up the mind with all the plans of all the things one can do with the gun, before ever having to say, "Well dear, I'm done with that gun...gotta find another".

• Like 1

Interesting! I see you had to slot the mag for round clearance, so you could do that all the way down and weld a strip of metal over it. I'm interest in this for a different shotgun, that's a cheap start for a DIY mag. Are you using an unmodded factory follower?

Edited by ᅠᅠ
  • Like 1

Interesting! I see you had to slot the mag for round clearance, so you could do that all the way down and weld a strip of metal over it. I'm interest in this for a different shotgun, that's a cheap start for a DIY mag. Are you using an unmodded factory follower?

Thanks for all of the replies. I am using the steel follower from the 3G mag. I tried to weld and modify another follower by flipping it around but that didn't work so well. The total capacity is 4 but it will only feed 2; otherwise the pressure on the side of the rounds is to much and they won't rise. This magazine is aluminum so I wouldn't be able to weld it but I was thinking about getting a steel magazine and trying that.