Saiga 20 Reliability???

My opinion is its somewhat ammo related. The AK ejection setup works off the concept that when the shell hits the receiver cover the mass of the front of shell pulls the back out of the action.

Some problems we ran into with our S-20 is that the hull hits the receiver cover plenty hard, but lacks the weight to pull the significantly heavier back out of the action. We found that many of the promo hulls are significantly more back heavy then hunting ammo, many even tend to be back heavy compared with 12 gauge hulls..

Thats my take on it.

I think a lot of these posts are from people with a new gun and shooting light loads of Wallyworld 100 pack birdshot. Most Saigas require a little break in and for the most part run fine out of the box with heavy hunting loads. To get them to run with light loads may require a little attention and maybe a puck and recoil spring change but with real high brass ammo you should be fine.

• Like 1