Anyone use one of these?

I have found reviews and opinions on the MOLOT ultra low weaver mounts but can't find anything on the mount that has the rings made in, MOLOT extra low mount with 30mm rings. Seems this is a good option for those of us looking to mount and scope and nothing else to their Saiga.

http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/ak-vepr-saiga-romak-1-2-slr/molot-vepr-ak-saiga-extra-low-profile-side-mount-30-mm-rings.html

at $99 it seems expensive compared to the BP-02 mount but if you figure in the extra cost of 30 mm rings, it is quite comparable and most likely lighter.

I am curious how low it sits (will a 44mm objective scope clear the rear sight?) and if the irons are visible under it with a scope mounted.

Any input would be appreciated.

Just looking at all my options before purchasing something

thanks

Kyle

I have found reviews and opinions on the MOLOT ultra low weaver mounts but can't find anything on the mount that has the rings made in, MOLOT extra low mount with 30mm rings. Seems this is a good option for those of us looking to mount and scope and nothing else to their Saiga.

http://kalinkaoptics...0-mm-rings.html

at $99 it seems expensive compared to the BP-02 mount but if you figure in the extra cost of 30 mm rings, it is quite comparable and most likely lighter.

I am curious how low it sits (will a 44mm objective scope clear the rear sight?) and if the irons are visible under it with a scope mounted.

Any input would be appreciated.

Just looking at all my options before purchasing something

thanks

Kyle

Well, considering that it says that it will co-witness with the irons with an Aimpoint in it, there is no way you'll be able to see the irons under it; and I'd imagine that a 44mm scope won't work either.

OTOH, I wouldn't sweat the price. Your optic is only as good as your mounting system. You're far better off with a shitty scope and an excellent mount than the other way around.. not that the BP-02 is shitty. I've never used one, but I hear good things around here. Then again, I see a lot of people say they like the UTG mount too.. and I know for a fact what a POS that thing is.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Vomz type I w rings, which Kalinka carries. Their photo shows the backside only. It has a more forward pitch like the molot one you lnked. Works great with a 3-9x40 I found for dirt cheap and had imported from the Ukraine. It has a 2" eye relief, which will be necessary if you use a warsaw length stock. If you have an extendable stock, a longer eye releif can be achieved. Im sure the molot will be rock solid and be able to hold zero on a remount. If you can find a Vomz type III, it has the most forward pitch on a scope mount I have seen. I still can not find one though. the type II on the other hand, leans more toward the rear of the rifle and will put the optic to your eye.

i had a UTG for a while. it is heavy. it did hold zero well but that isnt always the case with their mounts. on my last trip to the range, a guy came up to ask about my mount. his UTG would not hold zero on a remount. I use a BP-02. Very effective mount. removed and mounted 4 times that day. held zero each time.

I think a poroper installation is detrimental to the mounts ability hold zero. I used the instructions on the Kalinka page. I then went a step farther by attempting to over tighten it, to where the mount lever could not lock. Then adjusted the lever one notch at a time until I could just barely get it closed with a mild pressure. This ensured a perfect hold when mounted. Always make sure it is seated all the way forward too.

Edited by GregM1