8 Round .410 Magazine

I joined two 4 round mags to make an 8 round. Had to do quite a bit of experimenting to get it so it would feed properly. Mags are joined using fiber glass cloth and epoxy glue. Feeds fine manually. Haven't been able to shoot it yet due recovering from surgery. Could probably have made it 10 round but I wanted 8. Anyone interested in more detail email me.

Life is 10% what you make and 90% how you take it!

post-4-1050675047.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi there

Just thought you may be interested but i am selling brand new 10 round 3"magnum .410 magazines , they are £50 each plus shipping (+5% if paying by paypal).

The 3" magnum ones are the only ones avaliable over here in England and they feed both 3" and 2 3/4" shells with no problems.

all the best

assassin

KALASHNIKOV@NTLWORLD.COM

• 3 weeks later...

Why is mag curved?? The curve positions the top-most round properly to feed into the barrel chamber. Rimmed cartridges, tapered rifle rounds, shotgun shells stack in a magazine with the heads adding to the height of the stack, greater at the head end, leaving the front or bullet end either unsupported by the mag spring or tending to be lower than the desired feed angle. Demonstrate this yourself by laying out several rounds flat on a table. Curving the mag raises the entry or bullet end of the top round at the proper angle to address the chamber or feed ramp into the chamber. Most rimless auto pistol cartridges are not tapered and stack level in the magazine, one above the other, and are stripped out of the mag feeding directly into the chamber/ramp. The stagger or grip angle also aids in feed of auto pistols.

• 3 months later...