Streamlight? Surefire? Can't make up my mind!

When I say weapon mountable, I meant a light that can take the recoil. You can mount a lot of different lights to your gun, but how many of them won't self destruct or destroy the batteries?

Pretty much any surefire light is capable of withstanding the recoil and heat that a gun can put out. I've seen many fixed to weapons with zero issues. Great to have all that light, but I find the weight to be counter productive.

• 2 years later...

Major necro thread batman!

Anyways. I've decided that the surefirex400 is what I'm looking for to mount to my primary HD weapon. Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just build on the info here. I've been all over online and read the reviews, but I'm curious to know if anyone here has had any firsthand experience with them (specifically the green laser model)

Looking to mount this to a glock 17. Also, I've found a number if online stores selling this well below MSRP. I remember reading about the fake acogs. Are there any sites I should avoid? I want to make sure I get the real thing. My lgs isn't an option as they would charge me about 100 more than any online retailer I've found

Thanks for your help

I have a Surefire X300 Ultra that I've used on a Glock 23 and it is incredibly bright.  Almost too much inside the house at night. I say almost because I believe that the brightness will blind an intruder and the reflected light from it makes it so there are no shadows to hide in.

I used it on rifle at a couple of night matches and I could see targets out to 75 yards easily. Built like a brick shithouse, it should outlast me.   Its kind of big on the Glock so I switched to a Crimson Trace Rail Master light and grip mounted laser.  That way I can operate them independently.  This is now my main house gun.

Doug

• Like 1