Got my stock sporting confguration S-410 tore completely down and looking for advice before putting it back together...[i can't convert the trigger to pistol grip due to I shoot skeet in NJ sometimes.. booo.gif ]

Anyway...

1) Bolt and bolt carrier polishing -I have found a ton of S-12 and S-20 polishing info but haven't seen any details on the 410. Could someone point me in the right direction.

2) Sporting configuration FCG upgrade... Any one have experince with Arsenal or Tapco (1 or 2 hook) FCGs?

3) LRBHO- Anyone tried a Cadiz Gun Works Saiga Auto BHO on a 410 yet? I have 5 round 3" and 2 1/2" mags.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who cares...

1) Bolt and bolt carrier polishing -Did it myself.

2) Sporting configuration FCG upgrade... Installed self modded Tapco 2 hook FCG.

3) LRBHO- Waiting on official Cadiz Gun Works Saiga Auto BHO reply on whether the one for the 20 is usable on a 410. (thiers looks reals close). Looks doable w/ some small fixes.

4)Used denatured alcohol to strip all, re-painted and added custom mag latch extender.

GOB- he already replaced the trigger. Presumably by grinding the actual trigger off of a G2.

OP-- good job. I think you didn't get any responses because not many have the .410. Thankfully most of the people here are reluctant to give advice about things they haven't done to guns they don't own.

Sounds like you did things that make sense. Pics would be worth seeing. Good luck with the BHO. Many of us would love one, me included. However my experience with a Cadiz LRBHO on another member's gun was less than stellar. IMO the 3 services worth farming out to a pro are: major bolt profiling, short gas modification (/ NFA), and installing a LRBHO. There is a lot of room to destroy your gun there, and I would rather that happen to a shop that has to guarantee their work than to me.

• Like 1

Fortunate for me I have machinist and mechanical design experince..I know a retired gunsmith as well..

Good to see folks respect and know what they do and don't know here...I do see how someone can trash a perfectly good firearm by following bad advice...and even kill themselves..

I know I dont know everything...

Heres pics..I polished for smoothing out non-critical areas..I rather err on safety especially on anything that deals with strength and headspace on the bolt-so a light and quick pass on those areas. I cold blued it temporarily to get wear patterns so I can go back an figure out if I need to do anymore...

Since I am allowed in the machine shop still..machined a new trigger

Cold blue..x-fine steel wool ..repeat...post-36187-0-60820700-1329269150_thumb.jpgpost-36187-0-64758100-1329269160.jpgpost-36187-0-50650700-1329269167_thumb.jpgpost-36187-0-51353400-1329269179_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nunya_Bizness
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread. I learned a lot. In particular, I appreciate the link to SaigaStock. I have been wanting wood furniture (looks great on the Russian factory saiga site), but I really like the Mossy Oak stock and forearm, matches my chosen hunting clothes pattern.

I take it some of you are using the wood furniture made for .223 from SaigaStock on your .410's. Much of a job to make it fit?

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge here.

Edited by SlamFire

Hi, Don't know if this the right place for my question or not but here goes.

Does the saiga 410 have a sleeved barrel????? I want to cut the barrel down fron 21.6 inches to 18.5

inches then thread it like the original. Hesitate to start cutting without knowing!!!

Thanks,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Don't know if this the right place for my question or not but here goes.

Does the saiga 410 have a sleeved barrel????? I want to cut the barrel down fron 21.6 inches to 18.5

inches then thread it like the original. Hesitate to start cutting without knowing!!!

Thanks,

Bill

my 410 was not sleeved solid when I cut mine down. did not thread welded on comp.

I have to give you a warning. You cannot have a pistol grip on a semi-auto shotgun in NJ, that has an external mag. You can have one on a Jersey Legal semi-auto rife, with an external mag but not with a semi-auto shotgun with an external mag. Makes not sense but that is the law in NJ. If you put the pistol grip on it, it is considered an assault weapon shotgun in violation of NJ law