Saiga FSB conversion ?

first post big_smile.gif

tell me if this sounds right. im gonna cut my current fsb (dremel) on my 7.62 length wise along the pins on both sides. then take a cold chisel and wack it inside the cuts i made. it should crack off...correct?

then replace it with a bulgarian ak-74 fsb and brake

sound about right?

its the quickest way with minimal tools that i found (i dont have access to a press)

any other ideas or links?

btw...i pick up my new saiga 7.62 in an hour at my local FFL

• Like 1

Yes, slicing length ways through the dimples on each side is the way to remove it if you don't have a press. Heck I had a press and that is still the way that I did it. Just be careful and don't slice into the barrel. Then smack it with a chisel like you suggested. I actually just took a large flat screw driver, put it in the cut, and twisted. The whole thing just popped off at that point in two pieces.

ok....no more saiga fsb. cut it off tonight. one mistake though, i kissed the barrel with the cut-off disc. its about a 1/2 inch long and and as deep as a credit card's thickness. i hope i didnt mess up the barrel's harmonics or anything like that?

the new bulgie fsb wont be deep enough to cover it. how would i cover it up. i tried some bbq paint from a shaker can and no good. it ran off like water. jbweld? different paint? any ideas?

Edited by deputy970