Where are you running your Eotech

Where is it that you've placed your Eotech On AK platforms. I ask cause I see lots of people run them right over the ejection opening and a bunch that run them over the gas tube. I see advantages and disadvantages for both; Over the dust cover could catch spent shells and cause failures, over the gas tube is considerably hotter and puts more forward weight on an already front heavy system.

Anyone have issues with either of the potential shortcomings I've suggested or have any other thoughts?

Pictures are welcomed and encouraged.

I ran my EoTech 517 a few times on my Arsenal set up with an Ultimak rail. I never had problems with heat but without running lithium batteries in it and doing a lot of rapid fire could heat them enough to cause your optic to lose power until the unit cooled down. It would take a lot of ammo put down range in a short amount of time but its possible to do. The sight picture felt good but it was a bit too front heavy for my liking. If I could do it over again to run an Eo I'd try the hinged dogleg mount and run the optic in about the middle of the rail. I dont think the optic would come into contact with the brass or cause it to jam with the way the system throws brass out.

I don't currently have the EoTech on my AK but if you like I could install it and take a few pics.

I use an EoTech 551 on my IZ-109. It is a smaller version of the EoTech 552 that uses type "N" batteries, is about 4" in length, and is a discontinued model. When I 1st installed it on the Chaos Titan, I was getting FTE's until I moved it back 2 rail slots so it is just in front of my Troy doptic tritium buis. The 551 and the troy buis co-witness and recoil has never had any adverse effect on the EoTech. I would recommend this to anyone who uses the Choas Titan, except with the EoTech XPS series so it can be moved back to prevent any FTE's. The shorter EoTech's should work on most shotguns with rails over the receiver. Some users don't like the relative height above the receiver because they have problems getting a cheek weld on the stock, but I never had any issues with the cheek weld, and find it really easy to use, and very quick on target. I keep trying to get a really good picture of the 551 and the troy's , but can't seem to get the camera lined up correctly, sorry.

picture with the drum is with the 551moved back

picture with the 10 round AGP is before I moved the 551 back

post-21372-0-35939100-1328384475_thumb.jpg

post-21372-0-30949100-1328384490_thumb.jpg

post-21372-0-09375400-1328384508_thumb.jpg

Thanks razorback, I was kinda afraid of that since Im using the chaos quad with the extended top rail, not the titan, and Im using the 512 so I think I may have problems with shells catching on it if I keep the chaos irons on it. I'd rather not run it over the gas tube only because of weight and heat. Im still hoping someone will say they've run this setup without FTEs