Tromix shark break

Just purchased an MKA with the hope of turning it into an Open shotgun for 3 gun.

Anyone used the Tromix break for the MKA yet? I have used Tromix parts in the past with great success, but wondering how effective this break is at reducing recoil. I've had some others tell me that shotgun breaks on the end of the barrell aren't effective, although breaks further down the barrel are.

Thanks for the input.

Bob, objective or not, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond..and for the info. That is great customer service.

Would also love to hear from others too...let's get the feedback on this thread so others interested in this break will have something to look at when they are deciding.

Thanks again Bob.

Most will report that getting the forcing cone reamed also helps with the recoil.... Some Factory guns come with ported barrels. Don't think the Factory would mess with this if there was no reduction? (Mossberg is one who has some ported barrel models). The "new" Pat Flanigan Mossberg model has barrel porting.... OF course, this puts you in "Open" class for most of the shooting organizations... don't know if this is your goal?

In the matches I shoot - all mag fed shotguns are in open class (ie the MGM Iron Man). So, you might as well port it and throw a red dot on it too! Frankly, I'm getting kind of tired of loading shotguns in matches and a mag fed shotgun might be a nice change...even if means moving to open class.

How much does reaming the forcing cone cost?