Last night I was wondering WHAT rifles to bring to the range today... and in the gun room, I moved a box and LO AND BEHOLD... there was a half a case of wolf 7.62X39 FMJ that I didnt know I had!!!

SCORE!!!!!

That clinched it... in one case went my two x39 saigas and the WASR10... along with a half dozen 30 round mags and the saiga mags...

Ready for the range trip this morning... Had to meet Gary there and do some shooting...

SO I am at the range today...

Which I wish to add, I have been appointed to the board of directors at the sportsmans club... YAY ME!!!

SO anyways... I had a few of the X39 saigas, and the trusty ol WASR10...

There was Gary and another fellow, who are there all the time practicing their shooting prowess with this or that... seeing how tight their groups can get... if it is over the size of a quarter at 100M... its not good enough for them... real die hards... but certainly exceptionally nice gents....Gary has a hard on for big bore pistols... and has an impressive collection from the 50AE down to many others that will make your hand quiver with anticipation....

There was a lull in our yacking, and shooting...

So...I grab a full 30 rounder and the WASR10... and proceed to empty it in like 2 seconds into the 25 yard berm...

Gary, who is about 55 or so... got a grin like he just fucked the neighbors cat... and said "Mike... you gotta do that again!!!"

So I obliged... of course...

then after that... loaded up another mag... stuck it in the wasr... and said "here... you try it... he was *ALL FOR THAT*!!!

he took a few shots to get it to rock smooth... but he let off the last 15 or so all at once... he was like a kid let loose in a candy shop!!!!

I then showed him how the saigas will do the exact same thing... and without fail... they performed perfectly...

needless to say... we went thru a couple hundred rounds VERY QUICKLY!!!!

But DAMN... it was a BLAST!!!!!

gotta love the bumpfire to put a SMILE on a face!!!!

:smoke:

Yeah bump firing is FUN indeed, I got my 104 so hot the other day I melted my case to the muzzle brake!!!! Chris @ AKUSA even chuckled when I called to ask how to remove the plastic that bonded to it. Now I need to try to learn to do it from the shoulder like Bvamp is always talking about...

a lot of people ask me how its done. maybe when i get back to NY next week, I give a tutorial with photos and film for you guys. I dont really do it to dump whole magazines, but rather for burst fire, myself. you need a real light touch to do it consistantly, which means being relaxed.

quick lesson -

stiff trigger arm, still trigger finger, butt on your shoulder. put your trigger finger against the front of the trigger guard, and pull the gun forward. thats the easier way to do it. you have to do it with an open hand, even if your trigger hand is only half open. really hard to do with a shotgun, but this is the better way to do it with the shotgun. not as accurate as the method I use now, but a lot easier to do. the gun (if its a rifle) should just barely hit your shoulder this way.

the other way you can do it is with a normal firing stance and position/grip, you just open your trigger hand up and pull with your left hand, while pulling your trigger finger into a closed hand. this will give you about 3-4 shot bursts, and I can do this into a sheet of newspaper at 20 feet with all shots in the paper. i wouldnt do this with your shotgun, because you really want to pull the gun hard enough to come off your shoulder, but a shotgun WILL smack you and stop firing like this.

thats pretty much it. try the first way first until you get the hang of it, then try the second method, which is a lot more accurate and easier to control the number of shots. the main difference between the two ways i do it above is the manner in which your trigger hand is manipulating the gun. the first way is a more traditional bump, where the second way is more of a forced burst.