Stock Adapters and Pistol Grip Adapters

Can someone compare and contrast the differences between the Tromix and Firebird Precision stock adapter? Also, I am wondering how the pistol grip adapter from Firebird works. Does anyone know if the soon-to-be released Tromix pistol grip adapter is similar to the Firebird pistol grip adapter?

Thanks in advance

jonblack

One difference in the adapters is that the Firebird comes threaded for a AR stock tube. You need to buy a pig nose for the Tromix. That said, if you want folding options than the Tromix lends itself to that versatility. I happened to get the Firebird as it was the first out. I added the folding option with this:

UTG Model 47 Side Folding Stock Adaptor

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i02_details

$18.95 and free shipping. I am impressed with the quality of it for the price and it functions well.

CIMG1127

CIMG1128

CIMG1131

My adapter is mounted farther toward the butt than the instructions say to mount it.

Edited by johnboatcat

"So if you had to do it all over again, which would you choose?"

I like how the Tromix adapter is made to fit flush and true to the contour of the stock. The Firebird sticks up a bit when it is mounted as per the instructions. Mine is flush as I mounted it further back.

The Tromix needs additional parts to attach an AR stock that the Firebird does not, but that makes your options possibly greater. Both seem to be good quality and both have their advantages. They are equally functional, just different. It is nice to have a choice.

One thing is that if you have the Firebird and screw up your cut, you can have a second shot at it with the Tromix adapter as it's cut is closer to the receiver than the Firebird. If you screw up on the Tromix cut, you is screwd up but good.

One difference in the adapters is that the Firebird comes threaded for a AR stock tube. You need to buy a pig nose for the Tromix.

johnboatcat: thank you for explaining the difference and posting the photos.

PYRO: Can you show a picture of how you have the cut the Akdal in order to use the Firebird grip adapter? I am having a hard time visualizing how it works.

Thanks again guys

jonblack

Sorry, I wont be able to post those pics right now, please call Jim at Firebird if you have questions about his awesome designs. He has worked very hard to make his parts the best they can be.

Edited by PYRO