No Chamber Cut! YAY!

The 16" 7.62x39 sporter I acquired Christmastime from Classic Arms doesn't have the chamber cut. Ejected brass looks perfectly normal. Gonna try reloading for this one. Finally, a gun to use the 7.62x39 reloading components I've been squirreling away.

The receiver is stamped 'TGI'. Has the chamber cut been eliminated in recent product? Or, does it have something to do with TGI? My previous x39s were both RAAC and had the cut.

Thats not new they have always been around it was the luck of the draw on witch one you got. It depended on weather they used a commerical barrel made for export or left over barrels from a military contract. Now check out the front of the barrel you may get lucky and have threads under the FSB. Good luck.

Has nothing to do with who imported but everything to do with izmash. Some got military some didn't. The forging process and chrome lining remains the same but most civi barrells have the chamber step, no threads or handguard notches. My 09 was not threaded and had handguard notches and chamber step.

There is no rhyme or reason to which barrels izmash sends for import. You just get what you get.

And, reloading for the stepped barrel is no big deal. I have ironed out quite a few!

Using brass cases, I get neck cracks on the second firing in a stepped barrel. You've gotten around that?

Edited by 555JM

And, reloading for the stepped barrel is no big deal. I have ironed out quite a few!

Using brass cases, I get neck cracks on the second firing in a stepped barrel. You've gotten around that?

Yes brass cases, I use the Lee Reloading dies and no other special tools. So far I have only loaded PMC and Federal brass. I have gotten 3 reloads so far(per brass case), I only load to replicate factory and not hot loads.

Mind you I have done this on ocassion to see what happens, not on a regular basis.