Help with Gas Block Saiga 20

http://forum.saiga-1...post__p__152690

Not sure why you need two threads about this

Because I am not asking how to do it. I am asking which pins. My pins are different than the pics you directed me too. I just want to know what pins get removed simply.

Sorry, try this thread: http://forum.saiga-1...-block-removal/

from the looks of the picture, I would just remove the two bottom pins as they look to be holding the gas block to the barrel. The other #1 pin looks to be only for the gas adjustment pin

Edited by AZG

If it looks like "pin #1" in your pic, goes into the barrel (hard to tell from the pic), then remove it. It might be a good idea just to remove all 3 and be done with it, if you're not sure about it. Just keep track of which pin goes where, just in case.

Dont forget there is a spring behind pin#1, dont lose it.

• Like 1

So I started my attempts to remove the pins from my gas block seem in the picture higher in the post. Pin 3 came right out using a good size hammer and a pin punch. Pin 2 aboslutely refused to budge no matter how hard I hit on it. I even attempted to heat the pin up. Has anyone removed the gas block from a S20? Do both these pins need to be removed in order to get the gas block off? I am 2/3 rds the way through my conversion and I need to get the most important part completed and the one pin wont budge. PLEASE HELP... Can I drill the pin out? I work in a plant where I have access to a complete machine shop where I can manufacture another pin if needed.

My bigger question is do both the bottom pins need to be removed?

And has anyoner had to drill out the pin in order to get one out?

I need access to the gas ports to open them up...and complete the D-mod

Ok so I brought into my (" zero tolerance on guns in the workplace") workplace and put the pins in a 25 tom hydraulic press and the pins came out. Them we used a BFH woth a piece of 80/20 aluminum strut and beat the Gas Block off. No issues came off fairly easy. Then with the gas tube off we put the barrel on a bridgeport end mill and drilled out the three holes to 3/32 and added a fourth hole. We also angled the holes towards the reciever at a 40 degree angle. I took the gas block and opened the hole where the now newly enlarged 4 holes come into the gas block and enlarged that so all four holes hare not blocked by the gas block. When we reassembled the gas block we used 80/20 aluminum strut and a BFH and the gas block slid right on, no issues. So when you look inside the gas block now all four gas ports are clearly visible.

I also polished all angels,slide and hammer for smoother action.

I also order a low brass reliablity kit from CSS should arrive in a day.

Cant wait to get to wally world and buy so cheap rounds to test. I will add this to a new post if nayone else can get some use from it.