Help for 1st time Saiga 12 buyer

i do have a couple more questions now that ive had it for a day. Is it more so designed to load the magazine with the bolt open? I had a heck of a time trying to load the magazine with it fully loaded.

#2. Is there any tricks to getting the reciever cover back on? I struggled a bit getting the front into the little slot and then getting something to push in the button and to snap in. Is there a easier way to do it?

Lastly, what all are the tools that are included with it used for exactly? Are they both supposed to be just a screwdriver or are they made for a specific purpose? Im guessing you put them into the little container they come in for a handle

I am very happy with this purchase as i have always wanted one! I went through alittle over a 100 rounds today and i must say with that factory stock on there, it doesn't do anything for recoil. My shoulder is definitely sore and black and blue haha, especially from those 3" shells

also while cleaning i have noticed in the barrel right after the chamber there is something stuck in the barrel i can't get off. It looks like when you use adhesive tape and remove it, there is all that extra sticky residue left over, thats what it looks like in the barrel. What would this be and or what can i do to get rid of it

#1 yes, originally intended to be loaded with bolt open. with practice you can load on a closed bolt. center the mag, push straight up, then hook the tab and rock back. much better to re-profile and polish the bolt. done properly the mag locks in just like a rifle.

#2 once the front is in the slot, keep it in place with your left hand. align the back of the dust cover on the tab. then strike it with the heel of your hand.

#3 you are correct, the case is also a handle.there should be a tool for gas plug adjustment.

• Like 1

also while cleaning i have noticed in the barrel right after the chamber there is something stuck in the barrel i can't get off. It looks like when you use adhesive tape and remove it, there is all that extra sticky residue left over, thats what it looks like in the barrel. What would this be and or what can i do to get rid of it

You'll run in to this a lot, all I can suggest is to get after it with a brass brush, or leave it until the next time you shoot. Run a slug through it and it'll come out...

looks like its scratched or pitted the whole way around the barrel about a 1" long right after the chamber. I tried to get a picture of it, but its impossible to get a clear picture where you can see it good

You'll run in to this a lot, all I can suggest is to get after it with a brass brush, or leave it until the next time you shoot. Run a slug through it and it'll come out...

So that is normal and its nothing to worry about? What causes this to happen, is it the bird shot or something? I tried to get the brass brush in there and spin it alittle around that area, but its hard to do by hand with the cleaning rod, but it really didnt take much away. So it won't do anything long term damage then?

Yeah, it looks like damage but it really isn't. A slug should clean it up nicely, if that makes you nervous I guess you could try pouring boiling water down the barrel and then immediately scrubbing with the brush. I don't worry about it with mine, it's Russian, it can take it...

Something else you could try, I tend to do this a lot: when you are done shooting but the barrel is still hot, run a slug or two before you put away the weapon, it tends to keep that crap from building up so bad.