Solution for the plastic sights ???

I tried a railed gas block meant for a bull bbl AR-15, but it is too wide. When I get more time off, I will look around town for a custom spacer bushing to see how it works - there are a couple of tool supplies in town I can look. I did try an accessory rail on the top handguard and a Magpul front sight. Accuracy with slugs was only okay with this set up (~5" at 25 yds). This is probably caused from a lot of side to side play with the handguards. I went back with the plastic front sight and it seems to be holding up well. It clover leafs nicely at 25yds with this setup. It is secured with steel nuts and bolts. My carry handle is another story. The windage knob broke and is now stuck in place, and one of the plastic thumb screws is stripped out. So I have a DPMS stand alone rear sight in place of it. Like the factory Glock, the only bad parts of this gun are the sights. I know Tromix will have a nice railed forend for us before we know it.

I agree. The charging handle is cool but it's extra work to get it to work. I just want a normal quad rail or tapco colored style etc.

How much "extra" work is required? I was hoping it was as easy as taking off the stock forend and assembling the new one. Guess not? Is there any machining/cutting/filing involved? Have seen pics and small descriptions of them but not a lot of info. I dont need the charging handle really. I just want a quadrail in general. The stock end is really not my cup of tea.

How about it Tromix, a quadrail without the non reciprocating charging handle? I would think it would be made just like the current ones minus a few steps, and parts, in the proccess? Keep costs a little lower. Might be something to think about? Just a suggestion...

Thanks Nate

My problem is figuring out where to start...with the Saiga 12, I had no problem, since there were so many issues needing to be addressed. And having started, there seemed to be no end.

But with the Akdal, I did install rails on the forearm, added Magpul MBUS sights and so on. But shucks, all they did was to change to gun, not to better it. And change for the sake of change is not my thang...

So as of now, I'm leaving it as is...the factory sights are right on for me, clover leafing slugs at 35 yards, and patterning beautifully for home defense needs with the full choke.

I'm putting my money nowadays into reloading...since I need a steady diet to feed the 1919 beast. And that's just for fun. I haven't even started on reloading the heavy stuff to increase my already pretty substantial supply. And since it's utterly reliable with the 3 inch stuff, that's pretty much where I go. I've got other shotguns, but not a one of them is as stone cold reliable with 3 inch magnum ammo, as the Akdal, which to date, hasn't failed once (well, once only, but that was with a bad 2.75 inch reload).

Edited by Ezra
  • Like 1

To start? For me it had to be getting that A2 "type" buttstock cut the hell off!!! I went with the Tromix adapter. This allows stock of MY choice since it is MY shotty bought with MY money. huh.png (At my smith now... should have back in a few days.)

Next, will be the front handguard. Yep it's gotta go too!! Along with it going, so will the stock POS sights. (i have been known to be a bit rough on my ol 12's biggrin.png )

Then, when available, I'll look into 922r compliance a bit more, cause i WILL be getting higher cap mags!

Other than that... I think it'll do me just fine.

I agree with the above post. I just ordered and received my Tromix adapter and PN adapter for my m4 stock. I am dropping it off at my gun smith today or tomorrow. The factory sight will go when a forearm comes out. Then high capacity mags.

yeah i saw the quad rail with left hand charging and for 240 i think ill pass

and that is withouth the extra sights yet

Yeah - and when I called Jim he said they are backordered for these at least two months. It looks like a 1st rate piece of kit, but would like to wait to see what Tromix's offering will be like and cost - hopefully less.

If the Tromix forend doesn't come in less than that, we will redesign it until it does.

BTW....I'll have the new pistol grip adapters ready to ship to the distributors tomorrow.

Tony

Any pics of the new adapter?

Hey guys so i took the akdal out today and it looks as if the gun is so far off on the sights that it will not be able to obtain a target picture. I played with it today and at 25 yards it was shooting a foot low. thinking im just gunnna throw a red dot on it for now ............. now i may alos have the idea on the gun wrong but with it shooting low i move the rear sight in the up direction correct ????? plus when i do move it up it is wobbly as hell anybody elses this way ???

You have it right bud, If your shooting low, move front sight LOWER. This will cause you to raise the gun and bring your POI up. Just like a bow n arrow. Allows follow the bullet with a front sight. Always run from the bullet with a rear sight.

Nate

Easy way to remember is "Follow with Front"..... "Run with Rear"

Edited by MichiGun Hunter
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm pretty content with the way mine shoots in the original configuration.

8.5" square at 100 yards with Remington 2 3/4" 1oz Slugger rifled slugs

The little holes are from my AR-15.

gallery_45393_1143_128425.jpg

Edited by 1919