Was out shooting my CZ-52 the other day and was shooting at about 25 yards. One type of surplus ammo was shooting about 18 inches low. This was out of 2 different CZ's. I shot some Yugo surplus and it was shooting where it was aimed. What could cause the first ammo to shoot that low? The Yugo did seem a little hotter, but I can't see how this would account for an 18" difference. Any thoughts? Please educate me!

That definitely does not account for an 18" drop at 25 yards... I'm as baffled as you are when it comes to the excessive drop. Even shitty commercially-loaded ammo shouldn't be seeing that much drop. Best guess I have is maybe incorrect diameter bullets? If the projectiles are enough too small, blowby could cause a substantial drop in power without a huge drop in felt recoil. If you slug your bore, and measure the diameter of the bullets loaded in the poorly-performing ammunition, you can rule that out. Outside of that, dunno. Good luck figuring it out!

On a sidenote, cz. 52 pistols are fucking awesome. I love mine, they will eat overpressure ammo without problems most of the time - their only issue with military ammo is hard primers. cz. 52 firing pins love to break... I put a shit ton of that Bulgarian stuff people were freaking out about a few years ago through one of mine. Somebody at a gun show sold off several cans at dirt cheap prices because he felt it was unsafe, overpressure, blah blah blah. ~2k rounds through my cz. 52 without it blowing up, and only broke one firing pin in the process. I did have repeated issues with hard primers that required a restrike, sometimes two.

It was really weird, I'll try and post pics of the ammo to try and figure out what kind it was. It just makes no sense, the bullet would have to be going really slow to drop that far at that range, but it was still impacting the dirt very powerfully.

I absolutely love my CZ-52's, I bought 2 of them for $150 each. I also bought a shit ton of ammo from the same guy and an extra barrrel and a 9mm barrel. There is one locally for sale that I think I could get for $175, so I might pick up a third!

What are the chances I could get you to part with the 9mm barrel? I would LOVE to get mine rocking in both calibers. I don't care if it has the roller system install or if it's bare.

When I got mine it had the 9mm barrel in it so my paper work says a 9mm CZ-52. That's going to confuse somebody some day. Never have shot it with the 9mm barrel though. Bought a tin of 7.62x25 and some spare boxes along the way, never really tapped into the tin though.

The gun is a friggen tank though. I can't hit the broadside of a barn with it but I'm pretty sure its all shooter error. In the off chance I ever shoot out my barrel I found a spare 7.62x25 one for all of $20.....That was a no brainer.

Here is the ammo, it is almost like a gold color, not sure where it's made. Headstamp is a 3 over a 44 with an x on the left and a star on the right. It is in boxes of 70. I wonder if I should try it again or just send it to gun broker.

post-35031-0-62139800-1332105039_thumb.jpg