Hello Everyone, looking to buy saiga 12

I'm looking to find the best place online or way to buy a quality but lowest price available saiga 12.. My local gun show had them for about 630. But from what I hear they have to be converted and have quality issues that need to be corrected. So I would like to know where I can purchase one that is quality and converted for a lower price.. hopefully under 1k. I want quad picatinny rails and want to be able to use a sliding stock.. Are there any great sites online where they have quality saigas?

Check out classic arms. They have them for 550 i believe and it ships in about a week. For parts and what not go to carolinashooterssupply.com

ETA: if you use carolinashooterssupply use CSS for a 5% discount

Edited by renegade331

Well, it's your money...

The best deal lies with the vendors on this site, you're gonna have to shop around a bit to find what you are looking for. That's the best advice I can give, this is primarily a D.I.Y site so we're not going to be able to pull prices from the top of our heads. I CAN tell you how to build one for less than a grand, well, with the exception of that slide-fire stock...

Well, it's your money...

The best deal lies with the vendors on this site, you're gonna have to shop around a bit to find what you are looking for. That's the best advice I can give, this is primarily a D.I.Y site so we're not going to be able to pull prices from the top of our heads. I CAN tell you how to build one for less than a grand, well, with the exception of that slide-fire stock...

Well, it's your money...

whats the best kind of quad rail i can put on there?

Why not? That conversion package and gun would be exactly what you wanted. With the help of the guys here you could do it.

Why not? That conversion package and gun would be exactly what you wanted. With the help of the guys here you could do it.

Does the conversion get rid of the trigger bar and move it forward for a pistol grip..?

Yes, that's what a conversion (some of us refer to it as restoration) is.

If you are looking to run a slidefire, you'll need a gun that is uber reliable. If you aren't comfortable with modifying parts or polishing metal then you should probably get a Tromix or Lone Star...

If you are looking to run a slidefire, you'll need a gun that is uber reliable. If you aren't comfortable with modifying parts or polishing metal then you should probably get a Tromix or Lone Star...

Can you link me to the good ones and better prices, appreciate all the help

Edited by Dysentery

You should really but the $630 S12 you started your post with and do the conversion yourself. It is super easy with the knowledge you can acquire on this site. I just did two conversions and they both came out great. About all you need is a drill and 3/16" bit. Most of the conversion parts even come with the allen wrenches needed. A vice is handy but probably not totally necessary.

You might get it done to close to your $1000 mark.

I thought I wanted a quad rail also. I read threads here about quad rails. A good number of users seemed not to like them. I ended up pulling mine off and cutting it up for parts. LOL

Tell me.........Why in the world would you want that slide fire stock???? You can make the Saiga 12 go bang pretty darn fast without something like that. And I bet have a hell of a lot more control over what you are doing.

• Like 1