Shortening a SLR-107CR barrel?

Working on a Arsenal SLR-107CR, which has a combo gas block/fsp and a slightly longer barrel covered by a faux flash suppressor. I'm curious as to how hard it is to shorten the barrel and perma-affix the flash hider with a pin. Will the shortening of the barrel cause any problems with undergassing and if not, what kind of tools do I need to shorten the barrel and recrown? If it will cause undergassing, does anyone know if there's a way I can affix a flash hider to the end of my full length barrel?

On the 107u there is a doughnut/restrictor inside the gas block port. However, on the CR the restrictor is not present. All you need to do is cut and crown. Dinzag used to rent crowning tools, but no longer offers this. I dont know who else might.?. I don't know the legalities of doing this yourself as you would be in possession of a SBR until you got the muzzle devise permanently attached.

When I did mine I used a hacksaw to cut the barrel. I left it a bit long and then took a bastard file to it until it was almost to the gas block. Then I used the crowning tool for the final phase.

Excellent, that's what I needed to know. I was concerned that there might not be enough backpressure on the gas system if I cut the barrel down to the gas block. That said, I suppose if there's a problem I can source a booster attachment, provided it's still to legal length. Worst case I guess is I'll need a new barrel or some paperwork lol, but isn't there an AK varient that has just the same configuration I'm proposing?