My Saiga 7.62x39 conversion (pics)

Almost done!! Just waiting on my hogue grip and bullet guide to come in, and I will be doing more polishing work on the bolt in the meantime.

8da041b9.jpg

8b516e05.jpg

2bc274f6.jpg

2a29599c.jpg

520003d5.jpg

b6a2a7fa.jpg

5f063358.jpg

That's a fully polished G2 FCB, it's like butter. Thanks again to Cobra76two. I polished the underside of the bolt that rides the hammer as well, so the action is super smooth with no hangup at all. Cycling is almost effortless!!!

• Like 2

The foregrip comes already installed on the model saiga I converted. It's model # IZ-332.

Here is updated pics with the grip, finished at last!! Now off to the range ASAP!!!

3d053f23.jpg

3ad8541f.jpg

b0becffe.jpg

9536fedd.jpg

3a72cd63.jpg

17910e76.jpg

c0396288.jpg

a2d50267.jpg

I ordered some desert camo 550lb paracord which I am going to wrap the top bar, or maybe both bars, of the stock with. I think it will look cool and serve a purpose in a survival situation. It will even act as a little insulation for the shooters cheek weld.

Is the cleaning rod supposed to just giggle around freely? This is my first AK variant so I'm not sure if that's normal. The only thing that keeps it from sliding right out is the muzzle brake.

• Like 1

Well the factory front sight block came with a retractable spring-loaded pin already built in. So that pin sits right in a notch on the muzzle brake. So I had a friend of mine just tack a small weld where that pin meets the muzzle brake. Plus I loctited the threads. Removal of the brake now requires a few tools:-). The 992r count is where it needs to be as well. Here us an update with the TWS Dog Leg and Barska scope

81e4b1f0.jpg

4c89bb31.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...