Rear sling attachment point

One of the advantages of this platform over others (particularly in competitive shooting) is the ability to use an AR type sling. Most shotgun struggle with this because it's not something they were designed to do.

It would be super easy to mount a sling attach on the front, but how about the rear? I can rig one up with para cord like I do with my hunting rifles, but I would love to see a rear stock adapter with a sling attach point on it. Would like the attach point near the rear receiver/beginning of the rear stock.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Montana3gunner
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the Winchester 1" swivel and hardware sets from WalMart for about $10. I always have a few on hand so I checked the quick release studs in the package and one of the studs measures a little over 3/4". I hadn't drilled the holes yet for the NATO length stock in the CSS conversion kit. After the necessary dremeling to accomodate the receiver plugs, I drilled the hole for the stock to fit the factory screw that goes under the top cover and the rear tang hole to fit the longer sling stud. Using the plastic spacer didn't give me much assurance,but it did snug down and 3/4" is plenty to secure the stock with no wobble. The stud is now on top like the British did to the Thompson sling swivel during WW II, only right on the tang at the back of the receiver. It worked for them, but of course if you've removed the tang to fit a particular stock this won't work for you. Otherwise, I would use one of the rivet holes that would get plugged, with one of the machine screw stud swivels after cutting it down to fit like I've seen done before on this forum. Sorry this is a little late, just got my first week day off in six months and thought I'd catch up on some reading.

Boy what a dude I am. Just realized this was a question for the 1919. Please disregard the previous response as it was intended for the S12. If I had read this I would have said "what the hell is he drinking today?" Subtract one post please, DUH.

I would use it in competitive shooting and a single or two point sling, slung in front so I can transition to my pistol. The OEM sling points are for slinging over your shoulder. If you try to use a two point sling, and carry the gun in front, the gun will roll over and be upside down.

I'm probably going to end p drilling into the rear stock and mounting a loop for use with hk hooks.

• 2 months later...

I got a 2 point tactical harness and installed it around the butt and used 2 low profile zip ties (don't even notice them) that are rated at 250lbs a piece since mounting it through the sling mount directly made the sling stick out weird and just pointless. I'll get pics when I'm home.

similar to this http://tigertacticalairsoft.com/images/CD-3PSb.jpg I pulled mine tight along the left side and made it so I can put the weapon behind me while in the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...