My First NFA Item....Gemtech ALPINE Suppressor!!!!

I want to know how to go about attaching it to the PMR30 is going to work. They don't come with threaded barres. I guess you'll have it threaded?

Oh and congrats on your new purchase. I bought a sparrow22 back in December and am still waiting on my stamp.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

I want to know how to go about attaching it to the PMR30 is going to work. They don't come with threaded barrels. I guess you'll have it threaded?

Oh and congrats on your new purchase. I bought a sparrow22 back in December and am still waiting on my stamp.

You are correct......but here's to hoping that they (or someone else) will offer one for sale!

FTS

I want to know how to go about attaching it to the PMR30 is going to work. They don't come with threaded barrels. I guess you'll have it threaded?

You are correct......but here's to hoping that they (or someone else) will offer one for sale!

FTS

It's all about clearance around the barrel bushing. If you found a thread adaptor/extention, you could measure the current clearance between the barrle and bushing, then thread it, to match your adaptor then open up your bushing to have the same clearance around the thread adaptor as the orginal barrel. That is to say if your barrel was for instance .400" and your bushing was .450" and your thread adaptor was .500" then you could open up to .550" Now these aren't real measurements from the gun, just numbers as an example. ( Thats what I would try, assuming you'd have enough material left on the slide after machining) Any further thoughts on that, from anybody? Am I forgetting something?

FTS

It's all about clearance around the barrel bushing. If you found a thread adaptor/extention, you could measure the current clearance between the barrle and bushing, then thread it, to match your adaptor then open up your bushing to have the same clearance around the thread adaptor as the orginal barrel. That is to say if your barrel was for instance .400" and your bushing was .450" and your thread adaptor was .500" then you could open up to .550" Now these aren't real measurements from the gun, just numbers as an example. ( Thats what I would try, assuming you'd have enough material left on the slide after machining) Any further thoughts on that, from anybody? Am I forgetting something?

I don't know enough about that stuff to do it myself. I would rather just wait for someone to offer a threaded barrel for the PMR-30.

Either way, I am so looking forward to getting this suppressor!!!!!!

FTS

Don't know about the alpine but I have a SWR Spectre and it is the best on the P22 for sound reduction. I also have two threaded Mark II's and 8 rifles for it.

Don't get me wrong the Spectre is dead ass quite but side by side the P22 with the 3.34 barrel is the best.

Also Stay away from the remmy subs I get about 100 duds out of a 500 rnd brick no matter the gun.

CCI goes bang ( or should I say click) every time.

OH,,,,, and congrats...on the NFA welxome to the dark side.

these things are addicting. I now have more in stamps then some have in guns & ammo.

I have one pending since Nov. 2011 and one just sent out two weeks ago.

I have a YHM Mite that I generally pair with one of my P22s. Ridiculously quiet combo, the short barrel also keeps a fair amount of factory ammo subsonic - wal-mart bulk pack (any common variety) is inconsistent enough that some will stay subsonic, some does not.

I've never had a problem with remington subsonics - but then, I prefer Winchester's subsonic offering. It holds a better group.

Thanks all, I mailed the money order today for the suppressor and hope that it will be in town within the next couple weeks. I will then do the paperwork for the stamp and wait for my approval.

Do you all have any tips on cleaning this thing? I hear they can get pretty nasty.

Also, my P22 runs GREAT with CCI Mini-Mags. Are they quiet through a suppressor or should I go with subsonic ammo?

THANKS ALL!!!!

FTS

Minimags are loaded consistently, and fairly hot. They always go supersonic out of my P22s. CCI does make a very consistent subsonic round, as well. I generally run CCI subsonics or Winchester subsonics (as well as a small amount of silencer gel) when I want to show off a suppressed pistol or rifle at its quietest.

If your can is stainless and take apart use the dip but only on the baffles.

Otherwise if it's sealed you'll need to build a soda blaster to clean it.

I clean mine with the dip @ about 1000 rounds or so

here are some pix of before and after @ 500 rounds the 1st time I cleaned it.

Before.

MVC-014F.jpg

After

MVC-016F.jpg

Each time I go over 500 rnds. the pusher tool needs to be used to remove the baffles.

the sparrow and Spectre II are incorperated NOT to need tools.

Also if the alpine is take apart use anti-sieze on the end caps before you ever shoot it or you will never get it apart.