So this is mine so far. I have the stock adapter but not sure which way im going in regards to type of stock. Barrel is 18" overall with a shark break. As is im pretty happy with it. Love the AR look and feel. would like to see some new rail systems made, but im ok with what i have at this time. It works good.

Lol dont mind the toes in the pic lol. Low drag hi speed there!!!!!!

post-42063-0-12389300-1335247026_thumb.jpg

Sorry for not introducing my self. My name is Michael 41 out of california. Im a 16 yr disabled vet getting back into Shooting hunting ect. Im more into tactical versions of weapons and love the AR platform. This is my first purchased shotgun though. never was a shotgun fan but seeing this one and i had to have it. Anyways!

As for the mka above. I will be useing all tromix parts unless its not offered. Now what im useing is a open bore with rifled slugs/ and testing helix rounds for CQB only. Now i did cut my barrel down to match the california reqi @ 18 inches breach to tip. I do have the tromix butt adapter but stuck on which stock i want. I have read a post from tony about cutting the stock. Something about once its cut on and it needs to be 922 compliant. Does that also mean cutting the barrel? I have already orderd every part avail and should be here tomorrow.( as far as the 6 parts are concerned.)

Any and all opinions welcomed.

oh and this wepon has a bullet button. does that count as one? Michael

welcome to the forum.

I don't know much about the MKAs but for 922r compliance, it is about getting rid of numbered parts until your total is ten or less, not about how many American parts you replace them with.

Only certain parts count, and I am certain the bullet button isn't one of them. The stock and forearm are, so is the pistol grip, the magazine is 3 parts.

ok thank you for the info. Its been a while sense ive handled firearms and even kept track of laws and such. ive sense my last post googled as much as i can. all i can say is wow. the law makers seem to think guns (firearms) just get up by them selfs and do the dmg...thats another topic forsure.

Update: Helix rounds sucked at 100yrds open bore, but rifled slugs did great @ 18 " barrel with shark break. Still would love to see a rail system though.

chaos has one in development. I believe Cobra does too. Firebird currently makes an expensive one with an integrated left side charging handle.

I think you should read through most all of the threads in the Adkal section here and be Very sure you understand 922r before you make any real changes to your gun. I know I have seen threads about the topic, so if you look you will find them. The important thing is that you have a gun made with more parts than are normally allowed. They gave permission to import a gun with too many parts as long as it stays just how they allowed it to come in. Once you change the gun, you have to remove foreign parts untill your count is 10 or less.

I just got mine the other day...haven't even shot it yet. But I made some mag couplers for the 5 round mags and have (6) of them total...so 30 rounds that are fast and easily accesibble will keep me happy. The point is I don't have to worry about being 922r compliant. I am not ready, willing or able to go down that road yet, without more info.

Where did you get and what brand are the picattinny rails?

Your gun looks great.

I just got mine the other day...haven't even shot it yet. But I made some mag couplers for the 5 round mags and have (6) of them total...so 30 rounds that are fast and easily accesibble will keep me happy. The point is I don't have to worry about being 922r compliant. I am not ready, willing or able to go down that road yet, without more info.

Your gun looks great.

Just some 11 slot magpull screw ons. once screwed on you will have to dremal the excess or it will hit the barrel top and charging system bottom.
  • 1 month later...

Your gun looks great.

Just some 11 slot magpull screw ons. once screwed on you will have to dremal the excess or it will hit the barrel top and charging system bottom.

got pics of the install? I am interested in doing this. How did you ensure they were in line?

• 4 weeks later...