promag 12 round drum

Has anyone had problems with the promag drum,? Like firing the first round and the drum falls out ? This happens to me with all types of ammo, It worked great when I first got it and I haven't used it since I installed the extended mag. releasre from CSS, all my other mags work with the new release except the promag 12 rounder even my MD 20 rounder.

Is it the release or the drum? I am thinking about putting the old release back in just to see if it is the release and not the drum, Any other ideas are welcome.

I was playing around with the drum and decided to do some redneck engineering so I put two small strips of duct tape on the front tab of the drum and then put it in the mag. well it locked up tight with vary little play, After the sheriff's dept left I loaded the drum up and tried it out it worked like a charm.

Note: The SO was here from the complaint's from me shooting yesterday, I still can but have to be a little more discrete about it, due to neighbors a Half a mile away pissing and moaning, guess I have been doing to much tannerite here.

post-25579-0-79680400-1335387762_thumb.jpg

Edited by pokey
  • Like 1

I'm kind of new to the S12, and don't have a drum..... but, isn't that drum on sideways?

Yep, they don't usually mount that way. That's what the duct tape is for.

• Like 2