/me stands and applauds!

I'm going to write a nice letter of Support and Appreciation to Governor Scott.

And then I'm going to write a letter of Condemnation and Rebuke to that asshole Buckhorn.

I love writing letters to politicians, and getting their replies.

Buckhorn's aught to be interesting.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

"Buckhorn said he wasn't concerned with people licensed to carry concealed weapons, a list that used to include him. He said he was more worried about one of those licensed weapons getting loose and landing in the wrong hands.

"Some of the people that will be here in August are not exactly model citizens," he said. "I think even the most ardent 2nd Amendment supporter would understand why I made that request.""

That seems like a pretty legitimate concern to me. I cannot tell you how many times I was carrying licensed CCW and turned around to find that the pistol I keep tucked inside my waistband under my shirt has ended up in the hands of a violent criminal. Happens to us all, I know. Practically an every day occurrence. Maybe if we CCW people were the sort to take our weapons much more seriously and maybe pay attention to maintaining control of our weapons, but we all know that doesn't happen. It would be too much of a bother not to hand my pistol to the guy behind me in line at the stadium while I get out my wallet. I can't be bothered with that kind of responsibility...

I am thankful that this mayor has a real world understanding of the every day risks involved with how people actually practice licensed concealed carry. I am glad there are public officials who are man enough to pick up the slack we leave.

The officials here in Spokane are concerned about our safety too. The giant park and waterfront path that cuts all the way across town, and cuts through the convergence of 3 college campuses. Naturally, there were high rates of rape and assault with all those late night joggers coming around blind corners with shrubbery. Fortunately, the city council recognized the danger and decided the ladies jogging through the park would be safer if they weren't allowed to have guns. Think of the risk if they accidentally gave their CCW pistols to one of the rapists!

Edited by GunFun