Hole drilled through the barrel

I've just finished my 1st Saiga conversion. Well almost anyway. Just found out that my cleaning rod is too long. And cutting it shorter won't work because it's also too thick to pass through the bayonet lug that's on my new front sight block. Anyway I ordered another rod that was made for the AK 74 and is supposed to work. I'm waiting and hoping. Now what worries me most is that when a friend was drilling out the dimples on my old FSB he went clean through my barrel. Does anyone know how bad this is? The hole is covered by the new FSB so there are no cosmetic conserns but what about accuracy and safety? Has this happened to anyone else?

I had gone down to Home Depot to get a vise and a few other things to do this myself when the guy there said "why don't you bring in your barrel and we'll do it right here" It saved me the cost of all those tools and gave me the help of another body. We had quite to audience for a while there. Right in the store and everything. It was a little bazar but he was a really nice guy and tried his best so I'm not going to try to place any blame. I gave him a heathly tip too.

Do you really think that accuracy will be effected? I mostly shoot at 100 yards but am able to shoot effectivley out to 300. I had never intended for this gun to target much farther than that but do you think it's accuracy will hold up for my purposes? And you guys feel sure about it being safe right?