Texas Weapons Systems Dog Leg Scope Rail for Saiga 12

For anyone interested here is an email I got in reply to when/if they were going to offer a Dog Leg Scope Rail for the Saiga 12.

"This year we will be introducing a rail specifically for the Saiga 12.

Once we are in production, we will contact you via email."

I wonder how this piece would differ (be better or worse) from a Chaos Titan setup other than getting nothing forward of the receiver cover. This provided the Saiga 12 Dog Leg is along the same lines as the AK Dog Leg.

I'm sure making a Dog Leg for the Saiga 12 will be easier than trying to cover every possible AK variation but it took some time and work to get the Dog Leg to work on my MAK90 and there are still some things that will never be right but again, it would be cost prohibitive to come up with an exact fit for every variant.

TWS makes an excellent product for rifles. Not to cause a major drama case but I wouldn't hold my breath Bizarro. April 6, 2011 @ 3:30 pm I received an email stating the same thing. The wordage was almost verbatim. While it would be another cool accessory for the S12, I don't see it happening.

I'm not so interested in the dog leg rail itself. But their rear sight built to work with the rail.

My S12 came with the rail built into the hinged dust cover. I'm wondering if that would work. I'd probably have to remove the AK rear sight blade to get a clear line of sight. But I wonder if the height will work on the factory rail.

Has anyone tried that yet with the new breed of S12's coming in?

TWS makes an excellent product for rifles. Not to cause a major drama case but I wouldn't hold my breath Bizarro. April 6, 2011 @ 3:30 pm I received an email stating the same thing. The wordage was almost verbatim. While it would be another cool accessory for the S12, I don't see it happening.

I got same one last October got tired of waiting and tried to see if i could get AK dogleg to work.

Epic fail not enough patience and didn't want to fuck up a good rail.So I ordered an SLR 107 for it.

where exactly would it mount? I mean, we dont have leaf sights, which is where I thought you mounted such devices

I tried to fit it to the front half of a Titan. Then I checked into having a piece made that would replace rear site.