Airsoft For Practice Buying Tips

Just clean that sticky target with water and dish soap. It does the job.

+1 on the paintball mask. There aren't really any established standards for airsoft mask quality or coverage. I have seen some shop type safety glasses that were aparently rated for airsoft, but there would be lots of ways for a stray shot to get around them. PB masks are ASTM certified to withstand 400 shots to the lens with .25" steel balls at 400FPS (i.e. mid high airsoft velocities with heavier steel projectile of substantially similar diameter.) One thing years of paint ball play teaches is that with a lot of people shooting, you will get shot in the most unlikely of places.

A lot of casual airsoft enthusiasts use 425 FPS with .2 gram BBs as a standard starting upgrade point. That will blow through both sides a popcan, and leave bleeding welts a fair amount of the time to bare skin. Higher velocities and heavier shot are common as well. (but fortunately jerks who want to hurt you tend to overwork their gearboxes and spend a lot of money replacing parts)You don't want to show up to a game or practice drill with a friend or stranger's hopped up gun and get a BB to the eardrum, eye, or open mouth. Plus unnecessary pain is unnecessary. Machismo is a great way of identifying fools not to hang out with. They will get you into stupid situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've about worn out the Crosman target. I guess putting holes through it caused the front part to separate from the plastic back and now it's bowed out. I can still hit it but the BBs now roll off the target so fast by the time I get to it to see where I've hit they've moved. I should be good to go with 22LR in the P220 soon. I'll report about my first trip to the range (with 22LR) and impressions of the conversion kit.

That will last forever with BBs traveling at about 150 FPS. It isn't really meant for use with the more serious airsoft guns. get some plywood and make a bullet trap.

Basically, a box with a panel at 45 so that the shots deflect down into the box at 45 * and a front lip that hooks back to keep the ricochets inside. Then make a slit so that you can slide in a replacable piece of cardboard with your targets vertically.

• Like 1

Basically, a box with a panel at 45 so that the shots deflect down into the box at 45 * and a front lip that hooks back to keep the ricochets inside. Then make a slit so that you can slide in a replacable piece of cardboard with your targets vertically.

This is a great idea. I can also see lining the panel with some sort of dampening material, a lot of things would work for this purpose. To be honest though I've taken to shooting at a variety of things as I don't mind it if the BBs land wherever. It's not like they're a problem if you step on them barefooted and as I don't have a permanent female resident here I can get away with it. rolleyes.gif A variety of objects around here now have holes, dents and cracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Crosman target died a slow, painful death, finally became FUBAR. While in Walmart earlier to get some ammo I saw this;

post-41803-0-35487700-1343850072.jpg

and the bonus is, it's the BLACK OPS edition. That's all it took, I had to have it. I mean, I'd buy anything with BLACK OPS on it, BLACK OPS toilet paper, BLACK OPS lip balm....it's quite simply, the best.