Gas Block pin size

I was screwing around while doing the " D " hole enlargement on my Saiga 12 and somehow lost the long top pin for the gas block, I know CSS sell a replacement roll pin set, but I really wanted to try and hit the range today and see if the mod helped, anyone know what size the long pin is..............or if I would have to sacrifice a drill bit what number ??

.0995"

In guns where the hole was drilled at 2 angles & the pin somehow pressed in there bent I've used 3/32" welding rod. (man those are a royal sonofabitch to get out when they do that)

You can get 1/8" welding rod, stick it in a drill & use the poor-man's-lathe method with a file, sandpaper, etc... to turn it down to .0995.

To harden it, cut the pin to size, stick it on a magnet by the end with a bowl of water under it, then heat it with a torch.

When it gets to the right temp, it loses it's magnetism, & drops in the water, automatically quenching correctly without overheating.

when you say 1/8 inch welding rod, your talking about 6011 or 6013 or some like that then correct, just use the bottom ( 1/2 inch or so ) part of the rod that goes in the stinger ??

Hmmm.....

Actually, I have 4130LN as well as 4130 TIG rod.

312 would work too, but 4130 TIG rod is likely the cheapest & most abundant for you to find locally sold in bulk to just buy a rod. 312 & 4130LN are an arm, leg & first born son for a 5-LB pack, & half the time I have to special order it.

Haven't used 6011 or 6013 for years. Generally I try to stay with low hydrogen electrodes when stick welding.

Lowest quality electrode I use is 7014 when welding mild plate.

I tend to have ends around. I drop them in a metal bucket when I need a new one so I don't set myself on fire more often than I already do. Just tap the shielding with a hammer & hit it on a wire wheel & it gets bare quick.