.410 3" buckshot

Ah good point,

This is whats listed on the site

NOT FOR USE IN JUDGE PISTOL -EUROPEAN SPEC RIM THICKNESS WILL NOT ALLOW CYLINDER TO CLOSE

Not for Use in Siaga-410

Specs per importer below

GAUGE 410

LENGTH 3"

DRAM OR VELOCITY 1200 FPS

OUNCES OF SHOT N/A

SHOT SIZE 4 x 0.400 BUCKSHOT

SHELLS PER BOX 25

BOXES PER CASE 10

SHOT TYPE LEAD

HULL TYPE PLASTIC

Thats strange, I'm useing centurian .410 for the waxed slugs I've been spouting about. I will look at the box more closely to see if there are simular warnings. There may be a difference in the hulls for buckshot, but I doubt it. I bought that brand because they were cheap. $9 for 25.

They run fine in the saiga even with the roll cut off.

I had a bad experiance with Centurion 4x.400 I talked about it in a previous thread.

http://forum.saiga-1...enturion-3-410/

If Tatonic says centurion works good for him maybe some of my conclusions were wrong. I shot 20 rounds and not one failed to deform and/or seperate.

Maybe the ammo in question (4x.400) is a lot higher pressure than the birdshot tatonic is using. Pushing 384grains of lead 1200FPS would make for a pretty hot load! as apposed ot say 11/16 of birdshot 1300fps or so. If I did the math right a .400 ball of lead is 97 grains x 4 = 385grains = .8777oz = a little over 7/8 oz. That's a 20ga worth of lead in a 410 shell!!!

I was so disappointed in them, I never saw anything that said not for use in s410. I had big plans for them in my saiga and judge.

I did shoot them in a super camanche (not mine) and they did great. Cool ammo, to bad it won't work in everything.

Edited by bigdaddyhatty