Rear sight wiggle, front sight pushed to side, rear sight removal...

I know this topic has been discussed before, but wanted some opinions and/or advice on my front and rear sights...

Newly converted 7.62. Front sight is pushed quite far towards the right when zero'ed at 50 yards. Rear sight seems to have some spring-loaded wiggle to it. It doesn't move around on it's own, but I think if it was stable at the other side of it's range when pushed, the front sight would line up better.

Front sight:

i-GsVD6wL-M.jpg

Rear sight:

[media=]

[/media]

I wanted to pull the rear sight to check it out in more detail. At least a dozen different methods shown on youtube, each looking easier than the last. But damn, my rear spring must be much tighter than the ones in the video, as none of those methods have worked so far!

Edited by pfbz

All I can tell ya is that none of my Saiga/AK rear sight leaves have that "sping loaded wiggle". They are solid and do not move when pushed laterally like that. I checked 2 Saiga 7.62x39s, an Arsenal SA M-7 Classic, and a Saiga .308. No wiggle.

I'd try another one if I were you. Get yourself a strong, fairly narrow wooden dowel and you should be able to exert enough force on yours to remove it without scarring it up.

• 2 weeks later...