The SGM Quad Rail

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought one of these for my 7.62 Saiga. I find the front part has a little bit of play, was wondering if this is normal?

I did make sure that the two steel tabs on the rifle slid under the grip. Once all put together the front area wobbles a little.

Thanks

Hello,

They typically do not wobble, however with the exacting standards and tolerances of the Saiga (joking) sometimes it happens. You could try shimming it to remove the wobble.

I would use something like some metal shims, like cut a cola can into some squares or something like that. However if you like you can send it back to us and I will swap it out and see if the new one will fit better!!!

We have great warranty and want to make sure you are happy with the product.

also make sure you have the "wings" from the gas block in the groves of the lower handguard. you can also bend them up or down (the "wings") to make the handguard fit better.

also make sure you have the "wings" from the gas block in the groves of the lower handguard. you can also bend them up or down (the "wings") to make the handguard fit better.

Yes, I always made sure the wings were sitting below the lip inside the lower hand guard and not above them. I haven't bent the wings up nor down but placed some aluminum shims inside the lower foregrip which stopped most of the forward and backward movement. I still get side to side movements if I turn thr hand guard left and right with the palm of my hand under the lower guard.

Yes, I always made sure the wings were sitting below the lip inside the lower hand guard and not above them. I haven't bent the wings up nor down but placed some aluminum shims inside the lower foregrip which stopped most of the forward and backward movement. I still get side to side movements if I turn thr hand guard left and right with the palm of my hand under the lower guard.

Just an update, I put some aluminum tape on the lower rear part of the grip all tight now. Hope it lasts. Thanks.