"Traditional" Handguard

Sorry, I missed the part about US made, just saw original, which is made in the mother country.

I dont think any US makers do the original.

The one in the pic you posted looks like a mod on the original.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tapco handguard that Cheaper Than Dirt has does show that it has rails on the sides and bottom, but they are not part of the actual handguard, but they are attached seperately.

If you want a US made part that's roughly the same shape as the original, and doesn't have rails, this is a cheap and easy way to get there.

It will not be mistaken for the original, but it's in the ballpark for basic shape and size.

• 3 months later...

I am looking for a full length original style US made handguard for my saiga .308 and am not having any luck. Everything I find is the quad rail style which I do not need/want. I am looking for something similar to the handguard on this rifle. Anyone know where I can find one?

http://centerfiresys...-762HC-CEN.aspx

Looking for one myself for my 16" 308 and only have seen them on the newer rifles smaller than 308 calibers. Dont care about that I will make it work and I think the best bet is to find someone selling thiers who is going to a quad type or some other aftermarket forend. maybe EBay?

good luck with your hunt and if you find a source let me know.

• 1 month later...