Rifled Choke Idea

I've heard the Paradox Rifled Choke works well but I haven’t ever seen one and don't think I like the price tag even if I did find one. I was thinking maybe you could make one using a 1911 barrel (or similar). I think you would have to have a machine shop cut the threads, I don't think a hand held tap set would do it (Keep dead center). I haven’t measured any dimensions either, cutting the threads may make the remaining metal between the inner and outer diameter pretty thin.

I just though I'd throw the idea out there and see what you guys think. I really like the idea of a U.S made rifled choke.

I've been giving it some more thought. I was thinking maybe using a cheap leinad single barrel derringer barrek and just threading the camber, or a mac 10 barrel and just making an adpter (female on both ends).

Anyone use pdx410 from a rifled choke or barrel? That's what I'm kinda building the idea around.

PDX was made to engage the rifling of a Judge/ Governer. I wouldn't say it would have to be rifled. I'm sure a SGM modified would be fine, I was just thinking rifled would be better/ different. I was thinking of 3" for the choke, 22" isn't that long of a barrel.