Slugs in a Full Choke???

I want to use my S20 for a little deer hunting here in Ohio. Since I'm a transplant from the West I'm new to the shotgun hunting world. In reading it seems slugs and full choke are a bad combo but I'm sure I've read on the forum about people putting slugs through their full choke SAIGAS. I just wanted to make sure others have done so before I go to it. Any advice is welcome as far as if it's possible to use slugs with the full choke and what type of slugs work best. Thanks!!

Make sure that they are Foster-type slugs. DO NOT USE SABOTS. The Saigas are suprisingly accurate for a smooth bore. There are lots of threads here on this topic. :devil:

Found a good thread: Look in Saiga-12 on Sept.19 Topic like yours started by Maniacjack. Good answers there. :chris:

Edited by ivrfrkbrd

The "Full" choke in a saiga is EXTREMELY tight as compared to other manufactures' "full choke" I put a micrometer in my barrel which is labled as "full" and it turned out to be about .035" restriction. I believe that almost twice the choke of most 20ga full. I opened my choke up to about .011" and that translates to a light mod. Any gun smith would most likely have the tool for reeming out your choke, and is very simple to do. I would guess it wouldn't cost you more than $20 to have it done. Would also improve your acuracy as well. I would imagine a choke of .005" would be ideal for slugs. Anyone know for sure? I intend to shoot slugs from my .011" but also wanted to shoot birdshot with a decent pattern as well.