recommend a good gunsmith

My last gunsmith did not do a good job on my 223, but even though he would fix it for free (because he warranties his work), I'm tired of dealing with him. The dates always slip badly with him. I need someone who can do a quality job in a decent amount of time. I need my recently installed AK74 front sight block slightly adjusted, because the gunsmith canted it. Also, I paid him to fix my rifle's feeding issue - the very tip of the bullet is sometimes shaved off when it slams into the chamber face - but after he installed another bullet guide to lift the fed rounds higher than the Dinzag guide I had in the gun, he apparently didn't bother to fire or even handle cycle some rounds, or else he would have detected that the problem is still there, though somewhat ameliorated. (And no, I don't intend to name names, I just want my rifle finished satisfactorily). I need someone to chamfer slightly the chamber face to finish fixing the problem.

Any good gunsmiths who can do these and turn it around in less than six months?

Thanks.

Edited by Jim Digriz

I feel your pain. Good gunsmiths are few and far between these days (just doesn't pay well). Like you, I'm dealing with a L O N G wait time (3 weeks just to LOOK at it!). but with a very reputable smith. Can't comment on his work yet, as he hasn't gotten to it yet (2 wks later and there is still a dozen or so rifles ahead of mine). But if you're patient, that can pay off, as most good smiths DO have a long wait time (that's a good sign, the long wait is because of a LOT of people wanting work done by THEM).

Sorry to hear about your BG issue. Hope it gets resolved for you (if I were you, I'd take it back to him and have it fixed right, rather than pay yet another guy to work on it)!

If you can't find one locally (or reasonably local), you can always contact Cadiz Gun Works. I spoke with them awhile ago, and they are still offering "reliablity jobs" at $125 + return shipping (think they said $25 ?). I prefer to drive it anywhere I can instead of shipping just to avoid the FFL shipping hassles and such (not all package carriers are on the same page when it comes to shipping a firearm).

Edited by Brian M1

Bump. Surely someone can recommend a good gunsmith.

Where are you located?

Middle TN

I use these guys here in NH sig gun shop.

Honest guys, quick turn around and they test function of the firearm

Edited by tritium
: link to forum non-business member removed.

Please no links to forum non-business members.

I don't see any "links". I think I'm the only one who mentioned someone (somewhere) in particular but did not post a link. If you are referring to me, please PM me, as I don't see any violation.

I'm referring to the post by Nashua Guns that I had to edit out the link, where it says 'link to non-forum business member removed.'